Reporting to the Director, Quality, Safety, Accred &Risk, this position isresponsible for assisting in physician peer review activities and directly supporting the areas of clinical quality and patient safety. The position will collaborate with the Chief Medical Officer, Chief Nursing Officer, Medical Staff Quality Committee (MSQC) Chair and Director Quality Resources to further Medical Center goals.
Job Description Details:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Health Science or related field is required.
2. Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California is required.
3. Minimum five years clinical experience and a wide range of expertise and knowledge in clinical acute care areas are required.
4. Strong facilitation and project management skills, the ability to work well with physicians, a working knowledge of quality improvement and peer review methodology and applications is required.
5. High level of computer proficiency, and strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
6. Prior quality improvement and peer review experience is preferred.
7. Experience leading a multi-disciplinary team with demonstrable achievements in consensus building, motivation, and goal attainment is preferred.