To plan, implement and evaluate the provision of high quality medical care, with appropriate resource management, to children and adolescents in the respective clinical area.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Board certified or Board certified within five (5) years of the completion of residency or fellowship training
- Current, unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state of Georgia
- Current DEA registration
- BLS / PALS certification is required
- No minimum experience required
- Experience in respective clinical area
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with patients and families and as a team member
- Meets eligibility requirements for credentialing as part of the Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Professional Staff
- Demonstrates the following skills in accomplishing job duties and responsibilities:
- o Personal organization and time management
- o Human relations and teamwork
- o Personal adaptability
- o Personal motivation
- o Listening
- Provides patient care within the respective clinical area which complies with the Professional Staff Bylaws, rules and regulations and Children’s policies and procedures.
- Participates in and incorporates Quality Improvement and research findings into practice.
- Provides and/or serves as a resource for patient/family and staff education.
- Provides an authenticated report of all physician services rendered and maintains accurate and complete records in an acceptable manner.
- Completes necessary documentation and ensures communication to facilitate patent care and appropriate reimbursement.
- Participates in meetings/activities as required to support operations of the clinical area.
- Participates in activities that enhance professional development, complete and maintain certification in BLS and PALS and maintains any additional specialty training/certifications as required by the area assigned.
- Performs other responsibilities as required.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.