Children’s Rehabilitation Program is home to the largest pediatric inpatient rehab unit in the country, offering physiatrists an invaluable opportunity to have continued exposure to unique areas such as cancer and cardiac rehabilitation. Children’s Inpatient Rehab Program and Day Rehab Program have consistently received three-year accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) for inpatient rehabilitation and interdisciplinaryoutpatient medical rehabilitation, a first for a pediatric hospital-based program.
The Center for Advanced Technology and Robotic Rehabilitation features the Tyromotion Amadeo Robot, RT200 FES elliptical, RT300 FES bike, AlterG treadmill, Vector body weight support system, Bioness L300 systems and the new Ekso Bionics exoskeleton. As the robotics center expands, we continue to look for new and innovative equipment.
- Graduate of an accredited, four-year medical school.
- Graduate of an accredited, post-graduate residency program in Pediatrics.
- Meets eligibility requirements for credentialing as part of the Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Professional Staff.
- Board certified or Board certified within five (5) years of the completion of residency or fellowship training
- Current, unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state of Georgia
- Current DEA registration
- BLS / PALS certification is required
- No minimum experience required
- Experience in respective clinical area
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with patients and families and as a team member
- Meets eligibility requirements for credentialing as part of the Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Professional Staff
- Demonstrates the following skills in accomplishing job duties and responsibilities:
- o Personal organization and time management
- o Human relations and teamwork
- o Personal adaptability
- o Personal motivation
- o Listening
- Provides patient care within the respective clinical area which complies with the Professional Staff Bylaws, rules and regulations and Children’s policies and procedures.
- Participates in and incorporates Quality Improvement and research findings into practice.
- Provides and/or serves as a resource for patient/family and staff education.
- Provides an authenticated report of all physician services rendered and maintains accurate and complete records in an acceptable manner.
- Completes necessary documentation and ensures communication to facilitate patent care and appropriate reimbursement.
- Participates in meetings/activities as required to support operations of the clinical area.
- Participates in activities that enhance professional development, complete and maintain certification in BLS and PALS and maintains any additional specialty training/certifications as required by the area assigned.
- Performs other responsibilities as required.