Ohio-based Akron Children’s Hospital seeks a Pediatric Neurosurgeon to join its expanding Division. Akron Children’s Hospital is the largest pediatric healthcare system in Northeast Ohio and is ranked among the best children’s hospitals by US News and World Report.
This integrated healthcare delivery system includes:
- Two free-standing pediatric hospitals
- More than 900 providers, who manage 800,000+ patient visits annually
- A network of more than 80 primary and specialty care locations
- Robust research and innovation endeavors
- An American College of Surgeons certified pediatric trauma center
The successful candidates will join a dedicated team of two pediatric neurosurgeons and three physician assistants on the primary service and eleven advance practice providers who assist in 24/7 coverage. The neurosurgery team works together to satisfy the needs of the NeuroDevelopmental Science Center’s (NDSC) growing patient population. The NDSC brings together the expertise of 6 pediatric specialties – Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Physiatry, Neuropsychology and Psychology to deliver quality, coordinated care to patients served.
This position offers opportunities for:
- Partnership with an established team of neurosurgeons affording exceptional work-life balance
- Active involvement in medical student and resident education; academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) is available and commensurate with experience
- Research and innovation available through the Rebecca D. Considine Research Institute and partnerships with NEOMED and area universities
- An attractive compensation and benefit package
Requirements include MD or DO degree, board eligibility/certification by The American Board of Neurological Surgery or board eligibility/certification by The American Board of Pediatric Neurosurgery, and the ability to obtain an active medical license in the state of Ohio.