Gerber Products Company dba Nestlé Infant Nutrition is seeking a Pediatric Medical Sales Representative to join its U.S. Medical Sales team in its metro Orlando territory.
The Representative is responsible for achieving sales objectives in the territory by promoting, managing and growing the Gerber® Good Start Infant Formula portfolio and Gerber® products as part of the Gerber® Start Healthy Stay Healthy First 1000 Days Nutrition Program. The representative will obtain healthcare provider support and recommendations in hospital and office settings to grow market share. The concentrated call points include the Hospital (Birth Center, NICU, Materials Management, Pediatric Services, Dietetic Department) and Pediatric Offices.
Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Effective engagement and relationship building skills with key stakeholders (Hospital Leadership, Pediatricians, Nurses, Dietitians, and Materials Management Personnel) in a business-to-business healthcare environment.
- Successful hospital negotiation and contracting.
- Thorough understanding of the healthcare hierarchy of hospital departments and community pediatricians with the ability to navigate the decision making process.
- Comprehensive Business and Market Intelligence as well as knowledge of all products, clinical studies, protocols and guidelines.
- Ability to deliver clinical and scientific benefits and information in a healthcare environment.
- Function independently with a high degree of initiative, autonomy and flexibility.
- Effective time management, planning & administrative skills discipline.
- Participate in professional and industry conventions, seminars and other educational events.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in a science, business, marketing, finance or communications related field.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience selling into and/or working in a hospital institution.
- Must be confident discussing issues with hospital leadership, physicians, nurses, dietitians and other clinical professionals.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a driving record that meets company requirements.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must live within 30 miles of the target city; and also be able to travel within territory and to assigned meetings.
- Experience navigating through hospitals in the Term Nursery and NICU areas and/or operational departments (e.g. materials management and/or purchasing) is strongly preferred.
- Sales experience calling on Health Care Professionals (specifically Pediatric Healthcare Professionals) is strongly preferred.
- MS or MBAdegree is preferred.
- Clinical Credentials (RD, RN, IBCLC, CLC or CMR) a plus.
- Pharmaceutical Sales and/or Medical Device Sales experience is a plus.
- Extensive computer skills and e-detailing is a plus.
Job Number: 18008122