Pediatric Hospitalist - Medical Director
We have an exciting opportunity for a pediatric hospitalist with leadership skills to join our practice as a Medical Director in beautiful Sandusky, Ohio, which is just an hour west of Cleveland.
- The facility has the only 24/7 pediatric hospitalist service in the Erie County region and houses a five-bed pediatric unit
- Duties include admitting and providing quality care to the children in the area, responding to all pediatric codes, responding to all ER consults and assisting with patients in the newbornnursery
- The average daily census of newborns is between six and seven
- Family practice residents and medical students rotate through the unit
- Pediatric subspecialty support includes orthopedics, neurology, gastroenterology, cardiology, physical medicine and rehabilitation
- Flexible scheduling with call from home
- Experience as a pediatric hospitalist is required. Leadership experience is strongly preferred
Situated in northern Ohio on the shores of Lake Erie, Sandusky is located midway between Cleveland and Toledo and offers small town living with the amenities and attractions of major urban centers. There is no shortage of activities in Sandusky, from nationally-recognized museums, professional sports teams, world-class zoos and thriving art and music venues, there is something for everyone. Sandusky is also home to Cedar Point, known globally for its wide range of thrills, and is The Roller Coaster Capital of the World. It’s easy to see why over 3 million people visit each summer. The shoreline stretches 22 miles and has some of the most beautiful public access waterfront in Ohio. In fact, the waters of Lake Erie are known as one of the best fishing locations in the United States. With friendly communities, excellent schools, state-of-the-art healthcare and a low crime rate, it’s no wonder Sandusky is such a wonderful place to live, work and raise a family.
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
*Our benefits include:
- Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance
- 401(k) with annual matching program
- Advanced and continuing medical education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Employee stock purchase plan at a 15% discount
- Professional liability insurance
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing