$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Northeast Ohio-based Akron Children's Hospital seeks a Pediatric Neurologist with expertise in Epilepsy and /or Clinical Neurophysiology to join its expanding Neurology Division. Akron Children's Hospital is the largest pediatric healthcare system in Northeast Ohio and is ranked among the best children's hospitals by US News and World Report.
This integrated healthcare delivery system includes:
• Two free-standing pediatric hospitals
• More than 900 providers, who manage 800,000+ patient visits annually
• A network of more than 80 primary and specialty care locations
• Robust research and innovation endeavors
The successful candidates will join a dedicated team of 8 pediatric neurologists, 4 epileptologists and 6 nurse practitioners who work together to satisfy the neurology needs of the NeuroDevelopmental Science Center's (NDSC) growing patient population. The NDSC brings together the expertise of 6 pediatric specialties – Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Physiatry, Neuropsychology and Psychology to deliver quality, coordinated care to patients served. The Epilepsy Program is recognized by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers as a Level 4 Epilepsy Center and features a state-of-the-art 6-bed Epilepsy Monitoring Unit; an additional two beds will be added in 2018.
This position offers opportunities for:
• Partnership with an established team of neurologists affording exceptional work-life balance
• Active involvement in medical student and resident education; academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) is available and commensurate with experience
• Research and innovation available through the Rebecca D. Considine Research Institute and partnerships with NEOMED, Kent State University and The University of Akron
• An attractive compensation and benefit package
Requirements include MD or DO degree, board certification in Pediatric Neurology, board eligibility/certification in Pediatric Epilepsy and the ability to obtain an active medical license in the state of Ohio.
Valid Through: 2019-10-21