This integrated healthcare delivery system includes:
- Two free-standing pediatric hospitals
- More than 800 providers, who manage 900,000+ patient visits annually
- A network of more than 80 primary and specialty care locations
- Robust research and innovation endeavors
- An American College of Surgeons certified pediatric trauma center
- The only inpatient/outpatient burn center in a 5 county service area
Substantial capital investment and growth has created the need for additional Pediatric Emergency Medicine Physicians. Join our 25 plus member PEM physician team in a state-of-the-art 39 bed emergency department with 67,000 annual visits. The ED is supported by a dedicated suture team, an embedded behavioral health unit, child life specialists, pediatric hospitalists, neonatologists, critical care, and orthopedic and pediatric surgery services. Akron Children’s Hospital is the only pediatric hospital in northeast Ohio that has its own helicopter and pediatric transport team.
These positions offer opportunities for:
- Partnership with an established team of physicians affording exceptional work-life balance
- Active involvement in medical student, resident, and PEM fellowship education; academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University is available and commensurate with experience
- Research and innovation available through the Rebecca D. Considine Research Institute
- An attractive compensation and benefit package
Requirements include MD or DO degree, board eligibility/certification in Pediatric Emergency Medicine, ACLS, ATLS, PALS and the ability to obtain an active medical license in the state of Ohio.