Function/Duties of Position
Anesthesiology & Perioperative Medicine (APOM) is seeking a board certified or board eligible pediatric and adult generalist anesthesiologist.
The Anesthesiologist shall have a demonstrated competence in patient care and teaching/mentorship. Responsibilities include:
- Teaches trainees and support staff in their area of professional expertise. Teaching is done through assigned lectures to be given during the course of the year and through teaching in the course of performing their own job by modeling best practices, mentoring trainees, guiding learning through delegating graduated and focused levels of responsibility. Assistant Professors have a demonstrated competence in teaching and are knowledgeable about relevant guidelines from all applicable regulating bodies. (E.g. ACGME competencies for clinical faculty).
- Provides an outstanding level of professional performance (e.g. quality of clinical care for clinical faculty). Professional performance is to be delivered in a manner that is compliant with the regulations and guidelines of all relevant regulating bodies (e.g. the American Society of Anesthesiologists, JCAHO, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid, OHSU IRB, NIH and all other state, federal, and institutional regulatory guidelines). Treats all patients, research subjects, trainees and co-workers with dignity and respect.
- May maintain a program of scholarly research activity directed toward improved understanding of the causes, detection, and treatment of diseases.
- May develop and direct scholarly research activities focused toward improving the educational foundation within anesthesiology and perioperative medicine.
- May engage in public service through consultative activities with OHSU and non-University groups as approved by the Chair. May also participate in additional departmental or hospital administration as approved by the Chair or supervising Vice Chair.
Some evening and weekend work may be required.
- Doctorate in medicine & residency training in Anesthesiology and Pediatrics
- Demonstrated competence in patient care & teaching
- Board certification or eligibility for board certification in Anesthesiology and Pediatrics
- Interest and expertise in research/scholarship/discovery