In a development environment that includes a team of Electrical designers responsible for the design and product customizations for the PDS department, you will be expected to manage the Technical aspect of the projects.
Specifically but not limited to:
- Accountable for the overall project delivery
- Work closely with Project Managers, Business Leads and other Team Leads
- Responsible for project assignments and man loading within the team
- Lead and provide project team with guidance and technical expertise.
- Review, track and report on project status, progress and milestones
- Responsible for the electrical development Schedule
- Responsible for the electrical development Budget
- Work with multidisciplinary teams both internal and external to the department
- Work with the Bids & Proposals team to provide estimates and develop solutions
- Analyze feasibility of projects and design strategies for potential bids
- Act as the technical expert to support the technically challenging projects
- Lead design reviews with Project Managers and external clients.
- Participate in the recruitment and development of new employees
- Mentoring colleagues with less experience, through training sessions and knowledge transfer
Qualifications / Skills:
- Bachelordegree in engineering or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant design experience
- Several years’ experience at CAE an asset
- Dynamic team player with sense of initiative. Results-oriented with good team spirit.
- Good oral and written communication skills, leadership, good team spirit and process management skills
- Effective time management and multitasking skills. Ability to manage risk, project scope, and resources
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to achieve consensus on key design issues
- Ability to develop a professional, quality and service focused relationship with internal and external stakeholders