PCB Design Engineer
Job Purpose: Technology company that delivers innovative solutions for data storage and movement for some of the largest online companies is currently seeking an Electrical Design Engineer, both digital and mixed signal circuit design and PCB design and layout for optical modules.
Position offers a potential significant financial upswing as this organization will go IPO within a year. Compensation includes attractive base compensation, and potential equity. Relocation assistance provided for right candidate. The position can be based in one of the three locations: Preferred, Allentown, PA with the rest of the subsystems team, but can be housed in Austin, TX or Albuquerque, NM too.
- Design Electrical portion of optical modules and subsystems, including schematic capture, circuit simulation, PCB design.
- Perform DVT (Design Verification Testing) of optical module, PCBA and subsystems.
- Characterize and measure performance of prototype of optical modules and subsystems.
- Will own optical module and subsystem PCBA BOM (Bill of Material)
- Understand electrical and optical requirements and specifications of optical transceiver MSA.
- Interface with firmware engineers in designing optical transceiver module and subsystems.
- Interface with optical engineers, Si photonics design engineers, test engineers and mechanical engineers. Lead design reviews as required.
- Understand principals of micro-controller and communication protocols, such as SPI, I2C, MDIO.
- Work with external vendors on PCB layout and PCBA assembly.
- Maintain documentation electrical potion of optical modules and subsystems on document control systems.
- Provide technical support on the electrical portion of optical module or subsystems to customers when needed.
- BS/MS or Ph.D in electrical Engineering with 5-10 years of experience.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, prioritize and drive projects to completion.
- Experience with digital and mixed signal circuit design.
- Experience with PCB design and layout.
- Experience with optical module testing. Understand testing methodologies form optical transceivers.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas/concepts and results to both technical and non-technical co-workers.
- Experience with OrCAD schematic capture.
- Experience with PCB layout tool, gerber file viewers/editors.
- Experience with circuit simulation tools.
- Experience with programing languages, such as python or C# is a plus.
- Experience with SQL database, SQL queries and JMP is a plus.
Accomplishes department objectives by organizing and monitoring the work of test technicians and test engineers in trouble shooting/test optical transceiver modules or subsystems.