General Description: The Practice Leader / Producer is responsible for driving continuous revenue growth for their specific operation, as well as their own book of prospects and clients. The Practice Leader/Producer will be a key part of the Operations Executive Leadership Team reporting directly to the Practice Leader with a dotted line to Regional CEO.
- Execute and lead the USI Core processes of Get, Prep, Close and Keep.
- Vertical knowledge and broker experience in Industrial; Construction; or Real Estate or other areas as required.
- Accountable for line of sight new and lost business forecasting for the current quarter.
- Strategize with Operations Manager to retain a minimum of 92% of business year over year.
- Responsible for the ownership of pipeline management and at-risk accounts driving producer behavior utilizing the USI Omni and Risk Assessments.
- Oversee local operations supervisor and staff.
- Train all new producers on the USI ONE Advantage and messaging issues/USI Solutions the financial impact and sample case studies specific to each prospect using such tools as the OMNI and the 4x4 ales execution.
- Lead and execute effective Engagement Platform sessions on a weekly basis for both new and established producers.
- Create positive synergy within practice to encourage two way cross-selling.
- Work with Operations Manager to enhance Value Proposition, Stewardship process and Account Management services.
- Drive consistent and predictable long term profitable new client relationships.
- Responsible for distribution of suspects and prospects to producers by working with both the local Sales and Marketing Specialist supported by the USI Data Integrity Team.
- Assist in developing sales and marketing strategies along with communications to optimize USI’s position in the marketplace.
- Positively and proactively represent USI in meetings, seminars, trade shows and networking events following USI National Strategy and graphic standards.
- Work collaboratively to maximize results in all markets.
- Develop positive carrier relationships with oversight of override and contingent programs.
- Drive utilization and keep current all prospecting and relationship building opportunities within the company’s sales force automation system (U Engage).
Key Performance Metrics:
- 4% SNN at 46% Margins
- 15% new business and <10% lost business
- Leading to Organic Revenue and OpInc Growth
- Execution of best practices (Huddles, Sales Activation, Hiring)
Practice Leader Metrics:
- Expense Ratio of 2.5%
- Full Time Manager can cover 10+ producers and $10mm+ revenue
- Player coach model in small offices
- Achieve new business sales goals of $150K of booked new business per year. Demonstrate technical knowledge necessary to communicate our solutions effectively to a non-insurance buyer.
- Declare a primary vertical and if necessary, a secondary vertical as agreed with Leader. Participate in all vertical meetings, conference calls, etc.
- Systematically use U Engage to support sales processes.
- Demonstrate proficiency at discovery process (sales due diligence) and conceptual presentation promoting USI competitive differentiation, including proficiency at understanding, articulating and delivering the USI ONE Advantage and specific solutions customized to each prospect.
- Ability to develop a superior sales business plan and active participation in the USI Engagement Platform and other effective prospecting strategies that generate sufficient new business leads and first appointment activity volume of 8 appointments per month.
- Successfully penetrate assigned prospect targets utilizing the Engagement Platform process. Demonstrate ability to identify and overcome sales obstacles on a prospect-specific basis
- Attend and actively participate in USI University and USI Fast Start sessions.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and innovation based on knowledge of the market, carriers and products, including understanding of important technical/financial issues.
- Prepare for and participate actively in the Get, Prep, Close and Keep meetings for all first appointments; close presentations, and renewals and individual Producer 1:1 meetings.
- Participate on a regular basis in prep, close, and keep meeting of other producers in the same vertical.
- Master the use of the USI Presentation template along with supportive OMNI output and associated solution pages.
- Create positive synergy and pursue cross selling opportunities with other practices (Property/Casualty, EB, USICG, Univers, etc.) to enhance prospect and client relationships.
- Input accurate and timely information into sales automation platform (U Engage) relative to first appointments, follow-up appointments, conceptual/finalist meetings, etc to facilitate realistic corporate sales and revenue projections.
- Actively lead account management staff in annual stewardship process, benefit objective setting process, pre-renewal process, final renewal delivery, and other significant Account Management services for assigned client book of business.
- Manage overall client relationship; Drive consistent and predictable profitability, client satisfaction and organic growth.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of USI competitors, targeting prospects serviced by weaker brokers for faster sales growth.
- Successfully develop and deploy sales and marketing strategies along with periodic communications to optimize USI’s position in the marketplace.
- Drive appropriate staff utilization for assigned book of business and collaborate with account management staff to keep current.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of Employee Benefits or Property and Casualty.
- 7-10 years of experience in insurance brokerage, carrier, or related business to business sales experience.
· A consultative, positive and resourceful approach to dealing with prospect, clients and associates.
· Strong visibility within the HR and benefits community.
· Highly developed organization and time management skills.
· Excellent listening skills with strong customer focus.
· Strong degree of self motivation.
· Ability to deal with senior level management and have a top level executive presence.
· Must be personable and highly motivated to grow personal success.
· Superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
· Excellent organizational and follow-up skills.
· College degree and current insurance licensing are preferred.