DescriptionWorks directly with the Payroll manager to analyze the payroll taxes and W2 wages for the UHHS System. Analyzes every pay run to determine taxable wage and tax withholding variances and corrections; responsible for training the System Specialists; prepares adjusting tax balance entries; tests all aspects of the payroll system during upgrades; train and assist Payroll staff with Oracle applications.
- Serves as backup to the Payroll Manager and Payroll Systems Specialists.
- Resolves and/or notifies Manager of any issues in the payroll processes.
- Prepares quarter and year end spreadsheets to validate the payroll totals to the KBace reports.
- Assists employees with questions and/or problems regarding their pay, if it relates to tax issues.
- Runs and reconciles payroll and tax reports every payroll and compares to ADP tax invoice summaries.
- Generates reports for Kronos, costing, and payroll reporting when researching pay discrepancies.
- Provides analytical and project management support for the Payroll Manager.
- Researches tax notices.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance, required.
- Certified Payroll Professional preferred.
Required Credentials, Licensure or Certification (i.e. RN, RRT):
Experience & Knowledge:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience administering the complete payroll process which includes generating, analyzing, and reconciling payroll and tax reports, and scheduling and transmitting vendor interfaces, required.
- 2 year working knowledge of Kronos and Oracle HR/payroll systems and interface experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of advanced principles and practices of payroll accounting and financial record keeping required.
- Extensive experience preparing W2s, W-2cs, and tax analyses required.
- Demonstrated experience making payroll adjustments to update incorrect taxable wage balances required.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized, with good analytical and problem solving ability.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Notable client service, communication, presentation and relationship building skills required.
- Ability to function independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment required.
- Strong work ethic required.