Payroll Systems Manager will be responsible for the management, administration and oversight of the payroll system and surrounding systems affecting payroll. The position may require supervisory role.
- Oversee the integrity of payroll data, the payroll data reporting catalogue, standard reports, ad-hocreport development, integrations and interfaces to all third parties and external stakeholders to ensure the highest standard of accuracy, timeliness, efficiency, confidentiality and privacy in payroll management.
- Super user and administrator for Ultipro system, Web and Back office.
- Manages System Org Management to ensure data and records are updated and accurate within Ulti in support of rapid business growth and/or org changes.
- Work closely with the payroll team, HRops , Stock Admin, Payroll Manager and other departments to understand business needs and changes that affect payroll system and process changes; take lead on implementing those needs/changes.
- Partner withpayroll team to help find and automate manual workflows and train them in tools and skills to become self-sufficient as needed.
- Work withPayroll and systems team to evaluate, and analyze metrics that will improve payroll processes and provide transparency to decision makers.
- Perform rigorous analyses on large and complex data sets from multiple ERP systems (i.e. UltiPro, Workday, Kronos) to facilitate and simplify payroll operations. Provide strategic insights, hypotheses, and conclusions based upon findings to better anticipate and meet business needs .
- Manages various payroll interfaces and systems to ensure data integrity, troubleshoot user issues, acts as liaison with vendors to identify and resolve system and connectivity issues.
- Keep abreast with system updates, configuration and upgrades.
- Create and provide training to end users as necessary.
- Leads projects for any and all payroll systems/application implementation.
- Recommend and lead with vendor selection process, assists in securing executive approval and manages the vendor/consultants related to system configuration and implementation.
- Liaise with HRIS system administrators and HR personnel and other departments as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) preferred or equivalent experience
- Evidence of exceptional ability
- Minimum of 6-8years of functional experience within payroll and managing payroll systems.
- Prior system implementation experiencepreferred
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Knowledge of Ultipro, Workday and Kronos strongly preferred
- Strong excel skills required
- Detail oriented, ability to detect inconsistencies in data, and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Some experience with audit procedures, tax and accounting practices is preferred.
- Company policies and procedures, functions of a multi-state payroll environment.
- Vendor and project management experience; ability to escalate items for quick resolution and exercise solid judgment
- Exposure to a high volume, and multi-task work environment required
- Maintain confidential information when required by legal or ethical standards and professionalism to ensure privacy of employee records.
- Demonstrated success in driving positive change in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
- Highly collaborative and team oriented.
- Genuine passion for clean and reliable data.
- Strong analytical ability to analyze processes and trends, and make recommendations.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, to communicate around processes, changes, trends and required actions. Ability to interact with employees at all levels, including senior leadership required.
- Ability to influence and guide behavior aligned with processes and practices.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities by flexing across technology, process, and analytics, as well as the ability to engage with and influence stakeholders to align with processes and practices .