The Payroll Systems Manager is a strategic and tactical leader responsible for providing system administration, including business process and system configuration, report development, system security and extensive testing of tax updates, system upgrades, system integrations and system functionality. The Payroll Systems Manager is the liaison between third party vendors and our internal IT partners in supporting and upgrading our technology processes and platforms to meet business needs. The Payroll Systems Manager serves as a technical resource to the HR and Payroll Services teams and will serve as the payroll lead on the implementation of a new HCM solution. The successful candidate is a high-energy, self-starter who has a focus on process improvement and likes to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and has an established competence in payrollshared service operations and systems.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate HR/payroll system activities, including performing system maintenance, ensuring data integrity, testing system changes, developing reports, and documenting processes. Collaborate with functional and technical teams to coordinate system upgrades with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Participate in the optimization, design, development and performance of the HR/payroll system and related business data and processes, including developing business requirements and documentation for technology-related solutions to optimize processes.
- Oversee the optimization of efficient business process strategies for end-to-end processes to achieve efficiency, productivity and improved controls.
- Provide support to HR and Payroll teams to include researching and resolving problems, transactional assistance, perform scheduled activities, and recommend solutions or alternate methods to meet business requirements.
- Manage the security, confidentiality and data integrity of HR/payroll system ensuring appropriate access and restrictions.
- Maintain data accuracy and integrity within system through regular review and audit of data.
- Provide expertise on third-party interface requirements.
- Partner with HR and IT business partners in the research and resolution of HR/payroll system issues as well as testing and implementation of new system functionality.
- Ensure compliance with SOX systems controls.
- Develop and manage core project deliverables including detailed scope and requirements, resource plans, project schedules, risk management plans, change control processes, decision/action/risk/change/issue logs, communication plans, test strategies and lessons learned.
- Identify business process and workflow improvement opportunities to enhance operational business processes and system’s efficiencies.
- Serve as a consultant to stakeholders in the development of project concepts by assisting in development of business case, feasibility, scope, and resource requirements.
- Facilitate clear and concise status updates for key project stakeholders including direct communications with project sponsors and steering committees.
- Write, maintain, and support organization’s reporting requirements.
- Demonstrate and integrate continuous process improvement review in all assignments.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of comprehensive communications, training plans, metrics and materials for Payroll team and internal customers.
- Coach and mentor employees to ensure their professional growth and ability to contribute to company growth.
- Bachelor’s in information technology, computer science or other related field OR a minimum eight years of in-house payroll systems experience.
- CPP certification preferred.
- HCM Cloud experience like Oracle, Ultimate or others preferred
- Minimum six years leading, coaching and engaging employees.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively present facts and recommendations in oral and written form, including the ability to interface face-to-face with customers.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple responsibilities and projects, handle multiple tasks effectively, prioritize requests, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Flexibility with work schedule. Occasionally will need to put in long hours when peak business levels dictate.