Groundbreaker. Game changer. Pioneer. TRC has long set the bar for clients who require more than just engineering, combining science with the latest technology to devise innovative solutions that stand the test of time. From pipelines to power plants, roadways to reservoirs, schoolyards to security solutions, clients look to TRC for breakthrough thinking backed by the innovative follow-through of an industry leader.
TRC's 5,000 professionals work with a broad range of commercial, industrial and government clients and the communities they serve. We deliver breakthrough solutions that address local needs -- so our clients can better succeed in an ever-changing world.
Working at TRC means tackling interesting, meaningful projects. We pride ourselves on our collaborative spirit, entrepreneurial zeal and agile corporate structure. We recognize that the expertise of our staff is our strongest asset, so we generously reward employees for successful performance and invest in their careers through training and the development of new skills and certifications.
TRC is ranked #20 on ENR's list of the Top 500 Design Firms in the United States.
We are seeking an experienced Payroll Specialist who is proficient payroll and accounting practices and principles. This position is a remote position and can be located anywhere in the U.S.
- Perform all tasks related to the bi-weekly processing of a multi-company multi- state these include:
- Auditing of time records to ensure all timesheets have been completed and approved,
- Enter and transmit payroll data into ADP system
- Once payroll is run review and verify accuracy of payroll
- Verify employee change records entered by HR
- Process Wage Attachments
- Answers court ordered requests regarding wage attachment
- Process deduction changes
- Processes final check payment calculations based on state laws
- Answers all employee questions regarding all aspects of paychecks including deductions, taxes and earnings
- Reconcile and processes 401k payments to vendor
- Process deductions and payments for United Way and personal home and auto insurance coverage and transit programs
- Processes bonus payments
- Reconciles payroll to G/L
- Maintains PTO accruals
- Researches payroll discrepancies
- Completes Wage verification forms
- Participates in special projects for the payroll team
- Maintains payroll records and reports
- Prepares and maintains standard and ad hoc reports and queries.
- Manages unclaimed wages
- Processes prevailing wage requirements including Davis-Bacon, Service Contract Act and state specific project rate requirements
- Assists with all quarterly and year-end tax reporting functions including W-2 reporting
- Assists with internal and external audits
- 5+ years of large, multi-state payroll experience
- ADP EV5 experience with timekeeping application systems, preferable with non-integreated financial system
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly organized
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Thorough understanding of gross to net calculations
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Full knowledge of payroll and accounting practices and principles
- Full knowledge of state specific payroll laws
- Strong Understanding of Human Resources and Benefit policies
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills
- Must be able to work with highly sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Strong background in excel and report writing