The Payroll Supervisor will oversee the day-to-day operations, which is comprised of Payroll Analysts at different levels. Will be expected to achieve quality and customer service excellence through accurate and timely data entry of payroll entries, payroll adjustments, audits, and corrections and supporting the processing of bi-weekly payrolls (both on & off-cycle), along with ad-hoc duties and projects as assigned.
Essential Generic Job Functions (List in order of importance):
- Supervise and review accuracy of all work performed (i.e. payroll adjustments, call center case responses and all payroll entries) to ensure accurate data entry and payroll computation prior to processing.
- Meet with team daily to set the work expectations for the day and follow-up to ensure tasks have been completed successfully. Work expectations will be defined jointly with the Payroll Leadership team.
- Observe calls through the call center hotline to identify communication errors and behaviors for achieving customer service excellence. Review metrics (response time, abandoned calls, duration of calls, information accuracy, tone and behaviors) and implement solutions to improve performance and productivity to meet predefined goals.
- Establish frequent status meetings to discuss performance issues and provide guidance and training as needed.
- Provide clear goals to staff and allow them to develop their plans for achieving them; goals should be in alignment with Payroll department goals.
- Foster a positive climate and encourage strong work ethics through coaching and mentoring
- Communicate proactively and effectively with staff to remove barriers for improvement.
- Administer performance evaluations based on factual supporting documentation, individual and department performance goals.
- Promptly communicate to the Payroll Leadership team any events of critical importance or employee issues.
- Oversee the recording of hours and attendance for direct reports.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Minimum of 5 or more years' in a payroll supervisory position supporting 10,000+ employees.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in an extremely fast-paced, high pressured environment.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Effective management skills to achieve aggressive goals and maintain high productivity.
- PeopleSoft experience with processing payroll.
- Must be PC literate with strong Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook experience.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Associate degree or higher in Accounting, related field or equivalent relevant work experience.
- PeopleSoft Time and Labor experience.
- Any type of call center experience observing and managing customer service.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification upon hire or to be obtained within 1 year.