$80K — $100K *
Los Angeles-based Internet Brands is currently seeking a full-time Payroll/Accounting Administrator. This role reports to the Payroll Manager and is responsible for payroll auditing and reporting, managing payroll tax-related matters, and working collaboratively with Human Resources and Accounting to facilitate bi-weekly payroll processing and accounting support, as needed.
- Oversee the payroll team processing of multiple payrolls for employees using Kronos HR and Payroll Modules
- Supervise the review & reconciliation of pre-processing with the biweekly, monthly commissions, and out of cycle payroll runs
- Establish payroll human resource objectives by assisting in selecting, training, scheduling, counseling, and evaluating payroll employees
- Assist in preparing manual checks for terminated employees (multi-states)
- Research employee payroll inquires and answers Krono's questions through the ticketing system.
- Assist with other special projects as required
- Assist in training of staff in payroll state & federal laws and regulations
- Assist in the preparation, reconciliation, and process of year-end files for W2 and 1099’s
- Prepare communications emails from Payroll to the organization.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest Payroll laws and regulations.
- Work with Payroll Manager on a quarterly review of 941’s and SOD’s (statements of deposits), tax reviews, and any tax adjustments.
- Oversee and review garnishments setups, unclaimed wages letters, and reporting to accounting
- Assist manager with audits related to worker compensation, 401K and outside audit reviews, and the collection of data
- Together with the PR Manager: Evaluate and analyze existing payroll policies and procedure, and implements changes and/or quality control measures leading to best-practice operations
- Minimum 5 years of Payroll / Human Resources experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in accounting or finance
- Handling the full process of multi-state complex payrolls
- Kronos Time & Attendance and Kronos Payroll system
- ADP Workforce Now – Payroll / T&A systems a plus
- Great follow-through skills, and good with math and logic
- Customer service mindset
- Attention to detail, organizational and analytical skills
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Flexibility, ability to multi-task, and willingness to work overtime as needed.
- Problem-solving abilities for complex payroll issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments under high pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Formal training/education in the study of Payroll
- FPC certification (preferred)
Valid through: 3/9/2021