You will be perfect for this role if;
You like working in a family feel environment
You want professional growth and additional responsibility
You want to contribute ideas around process efficiencies
Responsibilities for the role of Payroll Supervisor:
- Process and distribute accurate weekly and bi-weekly payrolls for hourly and salaried employees in multiple states.
- Reviews the timesheet reports for accuracy, compliance, adjustments, and/or necessary approvals.
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
- Maintain all necessary back up documentation for payroll transactions.
- Maintains quality payroll and timekeeping systems and oversees continuous improvement for all payroll processes including status changes, garnishments, direct deposits and other related payroll activity.
- Maintains ongoing knowledge of regulatory, legal, and tax issues impacting the business and implements practices for compliance.
- Provides direction, support, training, mentoring, and development for a team of payroll specialists on an ongoing basis to ensure maximum performance.
- Plans, schedules, and manages the payroll team to promote efficiency in completing their job responsibilities.
- Oversees the process for semi-annual and discretionary pay increase approvals.
- Performs and coordinates quarterly and year-end payrolltax processing with the Finance team.
- Prepares requiredreports for federal, state, and local government agencies and oversees payrollaudits.
- Coordinates all reporting activity including ad hoc projects.
- Reviews and imports employee time cards from Time and Attendance system into the ADP payroll system.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Processes manual checks as requested by leadership.
- Reviews and downloads all Quarterly ADP reports to the internal Payroll folder.
- Recommend process improvements to enhance efficiency.
- Perform other duties and special projects as requested by management.
Requirements for the role of Payroll Supervisor:
- 5+ years of full cycle multi-state payrollexperience (550+ employees)
- Ability to perform complex payroll duties- (Executive bonuses, Visa's)
- Experience using ADP-eV5Payroll software
- Strong excel skills (Pivot Table, Vlook Ups)
- Payroll reconciliation-garnishments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
- Visa's, Executive Bonus, Union payroll processing: 2years
- ADP-EV5 or similar ADP product: 2years
- processing payroll (600+ employees): 4years
- Full cycle, Multi-State Payroll: 4years
- Advanced Excel (Vlookup/ Pivot Table): 4years
- College Point, NY