Req ID #: 31544
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Payroll Supervisor for our Payroll Team located in Wilmington, MA.
The Payroll Supervisor will supervise the daily operations and administrators of the North American payroll and assist the Payroll Manager ensuring that Payroll Operations remains compliant with all aspects of federal, state, and local regulations for all North America employees by:
- Supervise daily operations of the North America payroll.
- Mentor and train payroll administrators on new procedures, and regulatory changes.
- Schedule and assign work and special projects as required.
- Assist with ensuring that all payroll functions are compliant with company policy, generally accepted accounting principles, and federal, state, and IRS regulations.
- Research and interpret federal and state regulatory requirements, and work closely with ADP tax filing services.
- Supervise and assist in resolving regulatory issues.
- Reconcile multiple FEIN’s 940’s, 941’s, and W-2’s and T4’s.
- Coordinate tasks for payroll integration of mergers and acquisitions.
- Provide reports to HR, accounting and management. Generate ad-hoc queries.
- Respond to auditing and regulatory inquiries.
- Responsible for all payroll transaction in the general ledger. Mapping and creating all general ledger related files required for general ledger posting.
- Maintain all required records and archives.
- Collaborates uploads and SAP entries on a bi-weekly basis.
- Work closely with IT team on any payroll configuration issues.
- Responsible for testing compliance and enhancements.
- Assist with payroll policies and procedures updates and adherence.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Payroll Supervisor position.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in finance, accounting or related discipline.
- 5 – 8 years progressive payroll experience in a multi-state environment and Canadian payroll.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Excellent analytical skills are required. Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational and problem-solving skills, and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Proficient in auditing, reconciliation and controls, and good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.