Payroll Specialist Senior
We have an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Specialist Senior! The Payroll Specialist Senior performs routine and most complex tasks relating to the processing of the semi-monthly payroll. Duties may include checking and auditing timekeeping records for compliance with established standards, maintaining time and attendance records, entering new hires into the payroll system, posting changes in pay and tax status and miscellaneous changes. Performs accounting and clerical duties related to the issuance of the semi-monthly payrolls including balancing of the semi-monthly payroll and verification of processing to the general ledger. Tasks generally require little to no deviation from established procedures. Provides quality customer service to all clients, while exhibiting a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality in handling and having access to sensitive employee information. This position requires the use of tact, discretion, good judgment and good time management skills. Possesses technical knowledge of all areas of employee payroll and HRIS system to be able to answer questions from employees, coworkers and work directly with external support representatives.
Responsibilities will include and are not limited to the following:
- Processing of the semi-monthly payrolls utilizing various time and attendance systems, ADP, HRdatabase and payroll systems. Records personnel data changes related to payroll including new hires, internal transfers, salary increases, adjustments, retro pay and absence tracking. Records, employees' information such as personal data, W-4, DE4, direct deposit, benefit changes and terminations.
- Processes bonuses, sales commissions, and any other earnings.
- Reconciles semi-monthly payroll and prepares payroll journal entries. Semi-monthly balancing of 401k and preparation of wires.
- Maintains appropriate controls, including verifying HR changes to the payroll system, comparing roster of employees to pay register, etc.
- Assists with the accurate and timely processing of the year-end payroll, including W2 generation and distribution.
- Assists internal and external auditors during audit process, provides documents, reports and other payroll items upon request. Answers questions regarding material provided and or procedures as required.
- Completes verification of employment forms and records wage information to financial institutions as requested.
- Complete and verify information for all Unemployment claims. This may at times be extremely confidential working withHRBP or Employee Relations department.
- Maintains a strong knowledge of the payrollreporting functions. Develops reports to meet supervisor and management requests for payroll related information.
- Assist in the record keeping and maintain in-patriot-and ex-patriot payrolls. Coordinate home component pays with Global ex-pat team. May deal with tax questions with PWC.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to the Department of Labor, US Census Bureau and various Government agencies.
- Coordinates payroll work activities; monitors status of work in progress; reviews completed work; resolves problem situations.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of the payroll and 401k DDA accounts.
- Reconcile ADP Payroll System accrual balances to Ezlabor balances. Verification of allowed taken and certifying no overage of vacation taken annually. Annual vacation taken audits performed and supervisors and or managers notified with signatures requested.
- Maintaining the integrity of the Payroll and Time and attendance databases. Develops, updates and modifies codes, tables, reports and other system applications in the various databases.
- Performs all other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human resources or related field with a minimum of 4 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience of increasingly responsiblepayroll/accounting in a large company environment, supplemented by course work or training in payroll or general accounting.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of payroll and accounting; modern office practices and procedures; data processing; basic knowledge of laws pertaining to payroll; record-keeping techniques.
- Relevant experience executing the various processes in payroll utilizing ADP Workforce Now and other software platforms, as well as Microsoft Excel. CPP designation preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
- Must possess good human relations and communication skills and exercise good judgment.
- Exhibits team spirit in working with others, communicating openly and in a helpful manner to insure coordination and cooperation.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding professional matters.
- Must possess a high level of accuracy and problem solving skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under time constraints and be able to manage time effectively to process payrolls for numerous companies simultaneously.
- Must possess good organizational skills.
- Must be able to work overtime if necessary.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS [note: bold skills and certification are required]
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Competitive Base Salary
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - No
2+ to 5 years experience
Seniority Level - Associate
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - High School Diploma or Equivalent
Willingness to Travel - Never