The Payroll Specialist prepares semi-monthly payroll input to computerized payroll systems for the US offices. Answers questions from employees regarding payroll matters. Assists with governmental reporting/compliance. Coordinates and processes any irregular payments (i.e., bonus or wire payments, etc).
- Processes semi-monthly transfer of payroll data to ADP and in other Payroll engine in the future. Calculates retro pay, vacation pay, etc.
- Processes payroll deductions such as garnishments, 401K & Roth contributions, loans, tax liens, etc.
- Responsible for auditing information in ADP such as New Hires, Social Security Audit, US Citizen Report and Exempt tax block Report.
- Prepares Firm wire transfers after each payroll transmission to ensure proper funding in the payroll bank account.
- Maintains payroll records on company drives.
- Coordinates with accounting to resolve all semi-monthly bank reconciliations and General Ledger upload.
- Monitors DC employees' attendance to the NYO for tax purposes.
- Assists employees with registering for employee self-service.
- Audits payrollbefore each transmission.
- Reviews and audits payrollmaster file and year to date totals to ensure accurate W-2 reporting.
- Reviews immigration chart to ensure proper taxes are applied.
- Maintains records US Citizens working in international office.
- Prepares semi-monthly, quarterly, year-end and fiscal year-end reports such as AO2 (loans) and G99 reports for management.
- Conduct quarterly audits i.e. addresses, tax set-up, and compensation.
- Reviews and audits master file and pay data entries and year-to-date totals; files amendments to correct employee pay information when needed.
- Continuous review of payrollprocesses to ensure efficiency.
- Experience implementing new payroll systems
- Must understand all steps associated with project life cycle such as design, development, payroll parallel testing, and go-live.
- Must be comfortable preparing and presenting new ideas to improve current processes while taking into account different scenarios to anticipate any impact they may have on the business.
- Perform parallel tests needed to ensure successful implementation of new Payroll provider. Prepare and submit reports on projects' progress to their superiors within set deadlines.
- Develop and maintain project schedules, goals, and communications.
- Develop and manage project documentation and reports.
- Assists with special projects as requested.
Education: Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school.
Experience: 6-10 years payrollexperience from an enterprise perspective to manage payroll processing.
Skills and Abilities: Strong knowledge of ADP Enterprise (5.0 preferred), ADPR (reporting tool); solid understanding of payroll and payrolltax laws; strong organizational and time management skills; excellent attention to detail; ability to maintain confidential information; clear written and verbal communication skills. Must be a team player and able to work in a logical and methodical manner.
Technical Skills: Proficiency in MS Office Suite including advanced Excel skills (vlookups, pivot tables, etc.) Knowledge of other Payroll solutions is preferred.