· Must be knowledgeable in the areas of payroll processing, tips, weighted average over time (WAOT), error correction, tax maintenance, time keeping, non-health and welfare benefits.
· Analyzes, resolves, and corrects pre/post payroll batch validation and will take the necessary action.
· During batch process days, perform review of errors and warning messages for assigned Profit Centers, review Unpaid Profit Center reports and run/review Timekeeping/Payroll submission reports.
· Performs review of payroll batch edit/auditreports and make necessary adjustments, prepares manual checks or manual direct deposits with required documentation.
· Completes and compiles required documentation for Weekly Check-off compliance (Sox) reports by batch.
· Serve as back up to Payroll Rep I for the functions of processing, corrections, tax maintenance, Benefits, and union updates.
· Assist in the training of new team members.
· High school degree or equivalent required but some college a plus.
· 1+ years of payrollexperience in processing payroll, data entry, taxes (multi-state), garnishments, and year-end processing using an automated payroll system.
· Prior experience in a high-volume/fast-paced environment required.
· Excellent customer service and verbal communication skills, accuracy, attention to detail and an ability to work independently.