The Payroll Administrator position is responsible for supporting the Payroll Manager and overseeing and processing company payroll and providing payroll related reports for multiple entities. Ensures accurate calculations of wages, tax withholdings and company deductions. Will ensure payroll taxes are properly managed across all entities. Will act as deputy lead point of contact with our payroll vendor to address payroll related questions, system issues, funding coordination/issues and other various matters.
Candidates for the job should possess excellent organizational skills as well as the ability to efficiently multi-task. Ideal candidates have a strong focus on day-to-day operational excellence, and a personal style that builds trust, and inspires loyalty. The candidate should be motivated, proactive, be able to learn and adapt quickly.
- Provides leadership support to Payroll team ensuring accurate and timely payroll activities are conducted in accordance with al policies
- Analyzes, prepares and inputs payroll data. Typically uses automated system to produce accurate and timely payroll. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.) for management.
- Performs various account reconciliations and provides general ledger support.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Stays current on payroll systems to achieve alignment with HR benefits and other related and to ensure effective accounting support.
- Facilitates management and employee understanding of payroll procedures.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities across payroll and related processes.
- Collaborate with all levels of staff and management throughout the organization to accomplish the department mission.
- At least 2 years managing employees
- Experience processing payroll taxes
- Must be a team player
- Must be detail oriented
- Strong customer orientation with a strong sense of urgency when addressing payroll issues
- Strong attention to detail and analytical abilities; strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and show initiative
- Ability to adapt quickly to change
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint accounting system.
- Experience with IBM Cognos
- Experience using advance features in MS Excel
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with business related major/minor.
- At least 8-10 years of experience with payroll systems and related software programs.
- At least 2 years managing employees.