Ochsner Health System is looking for talented, dynamic employees to join our team!
The best and the brightest work here because they find the work challenging and rewarding – because their input is valued and their opinions respected. Here, there is a room to grow and people who want the best for you. Here, you matter.
We are seeking candidates that share our Ochsner values of Patients First, Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, and Teamwork. Our values guide our decisions, inspire our actions, and influence our relationships with patients, coworkers and community members.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients everyday or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come Make A Difference At Ochsner and Discover Your Future
WHAT WE OFFER
Ochsner offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to accommodate the diverse needs of its employees. Want to learn more?
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Payroll Manager assumes responsibility for managing and coordinating the daily operations of the Payroll department. The Payroll Manager plans and organizes all functions including staffing and staff development, purchasing and budgeting and coordinates implementation of payroll initiatives.
- Provides oversight and training to the payroll team members.
- Manages the process of completing the biweekly payroll.
- Prepares and reviews tax related payroll requests.
- Oversee the payment processing of payroll deductions and complies with audit requests.
- Provide support and assistance on all Lawson and Kronos conversions and/or upgrades
- Manages, develops and retains an engaged workforce.
- Reconciles payroll accounts to the General Ledger.
- Resolves payroll issues.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at Ochsner's discretion.
WHAT WE SEEK
- Required - High School diploma or equivalent
- Preferred - Bachelor's degree
- Preferred- Certified Payroll Professional
- Required - 7 years related experience, including 2 years of supervision or management experience OR 3 years of related experience including 2 years of supervision or management experience with a Bachelor's Degree
- Preferred - Experience with Kronos Time entry system
- Proficiency with automated time and attendance system.
- Preferred-Prior management and healthcarepayrollexperience
- Experience with Workday highly preferred
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of information.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally.
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to role and keyboard.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in order to interface with all levels of managements, employees, attorneys, etc.
- Knowledge of payrolltaxlaws, State wage and hour laws, tax and legal reporting.
- Detailed oriented and able to generate data/reports accurately and timely.
- Financial acumen to manage a budget and understand financial statements sufficient to analyze trends and make recommendations.
- Excellent judgment, decision-making, delegating and communication skills.
- Self-directed including the ability to work independently, set priorities and maintain complete confidentiality.
WHERE YOU'LL WORK
Dickory – Ochsner Operations Center, located on Dickory Avenue in Harahan, LA is home to many our corporate functions, including: Payroll, Accounting, HIM, Coding, Finance Administration & Information Systems. This facility serves as our hub for Epic Training!
WHO WE ARE
Ochsner Health System is Louisiana’s largest non-profit, academic, healthcare system. Driven by a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, coordinated clinical and hospital patient care is provided across the region by Ochsner's 30 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and more than 60 health centers. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” across three specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 80 countries worldwide each year.