LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world's workforce in ways no other company can. We're much more than a digital resume - we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
We are seeking a results-oriented and service-driven Payroll Operations Lead who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced business environment. The ideal candidate will have strong technical skills, the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders and the ability to work with various internal and external partners in providing a best in class and customer-oriented payroll service.
The Payroll Lead work with the other team members on payroll processing for the US and Canada. The Payroll Lead will be responsible for processing payroll, taxes and compliance reporting, maintaining accurate payroll records, and partnering with the Payroll management on various projects and initiatives. This role will report to the Sr. Manager of Americas Payroll.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in superior payroll operations. The successful candidate will be flexible and implement new policies & processes in line with industry best practice. The candidate will be a self-starter and capable of managing multiple deadlines with minimal supervision. Finally, the ideal candidate will be a strong communicator and can demonstrate a proven track record in rolling out scalable payroll solutions in a fast-paced and high-growth environment.
- Overseeing the Americas payroll processes, including directing all aspects of payroll operations, processes, and procedures including designing short-term and long-term strategies for continuous improvement in payroll operations.
- Be hands-on involved in processing payroll for US and Canada, including stock and ESPP.
- Be a part of the ADP Global View implementation.
- Bring best-in-class controls and business practices to the Team and ensure that the processes operate per the controls and compliance framework set by the management.
- Define and establish best-in-class global process for Americas payroll operations, including interaction with MSFT stock administration and employee benefits programs, which meets jurisdictional compliance requirements, and delivers outstanding employee support.
- Ensure all employees are paid on time, accurately, compliantly and in a customer-focused manner.
- Provide assistance and support to the Employment Tax team for regulatory payroll audits and other employment tax associated activities.
- Participate, support and represent the payroll organization in the rollout of cross-functional initiatives.
- Share knowledge with other members of the payroll team and help build a great working environment.
- Ensure all payroll regulatory filings are completed in line with statutory due dates.
- Maintain, review and update payroll processes and procedures on an on-going basis.
- Provide key stakeholders with ad hoc reports as requested.
- 7+ years of payroll operations experience
- Prior experience in ADP ProBusiness, Global View or other similar platforms
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Payroll Certification
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical or financial information to a non-technical audience
- Ability to think strategically and also act operationally and ability to manage ambiguity, risk, and changing direction of projects and strategies