Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 100 programs and over 3,500 employees across the country. And we're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Telecare runs two bi-weekly payroll runs and utilizes Kronos and Ultimate software.
Employment Status: Full Time
The Payroll Manager is responsible for the coordination and processing of the payroll for all Telecare facilities. The Payroll Manager’s duties include ensuring that individual employee time is gathered, processed, and transmitted accurately, completing payrollreports and monitoring the payroll function. In addition, the Payroll Manager supervises payroll staff.
• Ten (10) years of related experience, four (4) of which were spent in a supervisory capacity
• A bachelor’s degree with at least one (1) year of accounting units
• The ability to read, write, and speak English
• The ability to function independently, to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals, and to maintain the confidentiality of materials and information
• A high degree of computer literacy and experience with a payroll system in a networked environment
• Possession of analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to communicate effectively
• A working knowledge of wage and hour law
• Applicant must be fingerprinted, sign under penalty of perjury that there has been no conviction of any crime, other than minor traffic offenses, and receive clearance from the Department of Justice
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver’s license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
• Certification as a CPP
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Plans, organizes, directs, and controls the payroll services
• Makes use of management practices that include empowerment of staff, the provision of clear and concise expectations regarding duties assigned to employees, frequent feedback focusing on both positive and problematic aspects of work performance, and other management practices that are consistent with Continuous Quality Improvement
• Promotes and maintains harmonious and effective relationships and communications within the department and with other departments and facilities
• Assists in the formulation of Corporate fiscal policies and procedures and regularly monitors compliance by the programs
• Collaborates with Corporate and program administrative staff in strategic planning activities
• Reviews and analyses corporate and program fiscal policies and procedures related to payroll and makes recommendations for revisions and methods to increase efficiency and effectiveness
• Establishes staffing requirements and assignments
• Establishes and maintains the job specifications and descriptions for assigned staff
• Orients and trains new and existing staff
• Provides direction and policy interpretation to Regional and Program staff on payroll matters
• Ensures that financial policies and procedures related to payroll are being followed at the programs
• Coordinates the efforts of the Payroll Department with other departments; promotes the cost-effective use of personnel, supplies, and equipment
• Coordinates the payroll, including:
o Supervising and coordinating the payroll function to ensure that appropriate control procedures have been established and are followed
o Ensuring that time and attendance records accurately reflect time worked
o Preparing and processing all Telecare program payrolls
o Reviewing the accuracy of all employee payroll information
o Ensuring the time worked is accurately paid in accordance with each program's pay policies and/or bargaining unit agreements
o Ensuring that appropriate voluntary and involuntary payroll deductions are made and payments are made to the appropriate agencies
• Accurately maintains records associated with the payroll, which includes:
o Maintaining accurate records and controlling appropriate payment of paid days of leave, vacation, sick, and holiday pay in accordance with each program's pay policies and/or bargaining unit agreements
o Maintaining the confidentiality of all payroll records and information
o Preparing and filing appropriate payroll and tax reports
• Actively participates in meeting payroll customer needs and adapting to changing payroll customer needs at all times
• Participates and encourages participation from staff in activities, including professional and trade organizations
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Strong management skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with minimum supervision are necessary
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, bend, reach and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit and to do simple grasping occasionally. The position requires manual deviation, repetition, and dexterity.