The Payroll Manager will manage the payroll process for all hourly and salaried employees. Payroll Manager will ensure that each payroll is processed on time and is accurate. This position will work with otherinternal Sprouts’ departments to maintain payroll compliance with applicable laws and regulations. This position will investigate and resolve all discrepancies in reported time worked, pay rates, responding to notices from tax authorities, ensure all garnishments are processed correctly and on time.
- Provides excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Responsible for supervising and developing the payroll staff.
- Responsible for making sure that all employees’ time is accurately captured and reported into Sprouts’ time management system
- Review and monitor each payroll to ensure accuracy and integrity.
- This position will also help process payroll.
- Ensure all wage/hour laws are followed and are properly reflected in Sprouts’ time management system
- Works closely with the IT Department and outside vendors to enhance payroll applications and improve internal controls.
- Develops and implements standardized processes, forms and procedures for payroll and records management functions, establishes and communicates payroll calendar to all locations.
- Develops and implements payroll and records training for all key store personnel.
- Maintains a payroll department that will be able to pass an external audit and ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Report new hires to each state within mandated timeframes.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Physical Requirements
- BA or BS degree in business, finance, accounting or related field.
- Five years of payroll management experience processing payroll for a multi-state company
- Experience with Ultipro and Ultipro Time and Attendance, preferred
- In depth knowledge of garnishments, wage and hour laws, payroll rules and regulations and legal compliance practices
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential
- Strong orientation to detail and analytical skills
- Solid problem solving skills and decisiveness.
- Proven leadership ability to build, motivate and maintain staff
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification highly preferred
- Experience in project managementpreferred
In addition to a rewarding career, Sprouts offers a comprehensive program to help support you and your family. These programs include:
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member in your household on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedules
- Flexible time off policy
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Affordable benefit coverage, including medical, dental vision
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability coverage