The Payroll Manager is responsible for all aspects of managing the US payroll for 1200+ employees. This is a fast-paced, high growth environment and the successful candidate will bring deep knowledge and experience in the area of payroll operations and systems, SOX, labor law and tax compliance. By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fin tech companies in the Bay Area, we’re over 1200+ employees strong. We offer excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team. This is a great opportunity to join an emerging leader that is focused on evolving a huge industry.
By joining SoFi, you're joining a new kind of finance company based around speed, transparency, and alignment with our members’ interests. Our goal is to be the center of our members’ financial lives. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge this new generation has through a new approach to lending. We expanded into other types of loans, and then into insurance and wealth management with similarly inventive products. As the company has grown, we’ve been able to help more people with these tools.
SoFi has achieved significant growth, with big plans ahead. In just the last year, we've more than doubled our member base (300,000 strong), doubled loan volume ($8 billion in 2016), and grown our team from under 200 people to more than 1,000. We're preparing to go global, with expansion to Australia and Canada planned this year. And we're well capitalized to power all this growth, having raised $1.9 billion in equity backing. But we'll only be able to continue this growth with great talent, and that includes you.
• Manage the semi-monthly payroll processes including review of leave of absence payments, retroactive payments, commissions, bonuses, new hires and stock transactions
• Ensure accurate withholding and submission of payroll taxes and other deductions through ADP Workforce Now
• Respond to employee inquiries concerning payroll, ensuring high customer satisfaction
• Follow all company policies, procedures, and SOX compliance
• Prepare amendments and follow up on tax resolution issues
• Manage payroll staff by providing leadership, direction, coaching and development to encourage them to perform with excellence
• Manage audit related activities of payroll function
• Run payroll related integration files for tax and garnishments
• Responsible for payroll policies & procedures
• Work with HR on employee benefits and withholding (401K, FSA, etc.) elections
• Review all payroll reporting and ensure accurate and timely filing with appropriate governmental authorities
• Generate and review for accuracy recurrent and quarterly reports for Finance, Payroll, HR and Legal
• Work with internal and external auditors and other internal stakeholders for quarterly reviews, year-end audits, and SOX audits of procedures and controls as needed
• 5+ years multi-state payroll experience
• RSU, tender offer and option exercises payroll experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Working knowledge of general payroll protocols and Federal and State regulations
• Detail oriented with strong analytical, written and oral communication skills
• Team player, strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
• Strong leadership and people management skills
• Ability to identify solutions to problems, exercise sound judgment, multi-task, and maintain confidentiality
• Experience with ADP Workforce Now and Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, and Outlook). Knowledge of Workday Payroll desirable, but not required.
Location: San Francisco and Healdsburg, CA