Who we are:
Outlook Amusements, Inc. is not your average company in a 'ho-hum' industry. We are a family of brands focused on developing technology and building connections that enable peace of mind. Our Mission is to be a positive force in people's lives, and we live it every day. For the past 20 years, we have connected top-ranked, premier, personal advisors with people world-wide looking to gain self-awareness and a clear life-path direction. This role is based out of our new office in San Antonio, TX.
What we are looking for:
Payroll Manager who will be responsible for managing and preparing all payrolls and direct independent contractor payments across multiple entities. The Payroll Manager will ensure that all payroll and related transactions are completed timely and accurately. We need someone who is a problem solver with great organizational skills, and who works with a sense of urgency and high level of integrity. Since this role owns all things payroll, you must have in-depth knowledge of payroll and independent contractor processing.
Some of which you will be accountable for:
- Manage and process bi-weekly payroll for over 150 employees including exempt and non-exempt employees as well as weekly payments for over 500 independent contractors.
- Reconcile payroll and related liabilities accounts and resolve any reconciliation issues.
- Accurately configure payroll and ADP payment system.
- Enforce accurate and timely submission of time and attendance from the managers.
- Prepare and process retroactive pay adjustments, garnishments setup, and pay outs.
- Stay up to date with applicable federal, state and local compliance requirements and advise management on needed actions.
- Assist with internal and external compliance audits and documentation as required.
- Ensure that all payroll procedures are properly documented and kept up to date.
- Audit automated time cards in accordance with payroll policies, State and Federal Wage and Hour Guidelines and labor contracts.
- Process manual checks for terminations based on state law time requirements.
- Process status change forms for employees, including rate changes, PTO forms, positions changes, address changes, W-4 withholding, direct deposit, and other payroll related items.
- Facilitate registering employees with ADP Employee Self-Service and resetting passwords
- Run special reports utilizing payroll data upon request.
We are looking for you if…
You have a minimum of 5 years of payroll experience including at least 2 years of ADP Workforce Now and ADP Time and Attendance experience. You will have working knowledge of tax regulations and reporting in states and local jurisdictions primarily in California and Texas as well as applicable local, state, and federal rules and laws. We need someone who is our go-to, subject matter expert for payroll so if you are a Certified Payroll Professional, we want to hear from you!
Some additional factors you need to be successful in the role:
- Microsoft Office applications
- Advanced Excel including pivot-table experience
- Unquestionable integrity and strong attention to detail
- Ability to shift priorities and be able to handle change
- Must be able to work with a sense of urgency
- Committed to company mission and customer's needs
- Must transfer thoughts and express ideas effectively
- Self-motivated and demonstrates a high level of dependability in doing their job.
- Develops cooperation and teamwork and works towards solutions that benefit all parties involved
- Demonstrate attention to detail, thoroughness, organizational skills and the ability to analyze information
- Ability to exercise discretion in confidential matters