Job ID: 145627
- Lead the payroll function for a multi-state, union, non-union, hourly, and administrative payrolls including union reporting and certified payroll requirements for all employees
- Manage a team of 3-4 payrollassociates
- Build a culture that has a high sense of urgency, internal customer focus and attention to detail
- Responsible to ensure the collection and accuracy of data necessary for payroll processing, including but not limited to status changes, team member hours worked, paid and unpaid benefit time off (via Time and Labor system and in coordination with managers); deductions and garnishments, bonuses and other additional compensation.
- Processes and reviews weekly and bi-weekly payroll for multiple pay directories via UltiPro system, ensuring timely, compliant and accurate delivery of pay to all team members.
- Ensures accurate and timely publication of W2s.
- Processes special checks or off cycle payroll runs as needed.
- Makes necessary calculations for any payroll adjustments, prorations, exception pay or other special circumstances.
- Becomes an expert user of the payroll and Time Keeping systems. Administers changes/updates to the system set up and coordinates with system vendors to stay on top of changes, lead special projects or troubleshoot issues.
- Administers and oversees time tracking system profiles, user permissions and set up. Trains managers on functions such as scheduling and time off approval.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on tax and payroll compliance. Researches and executes any payroll requirements, including multi-state, local and federal taxes, Social Security, unemployment, disability, pay rules, etc. Studies existing and new legislation; enforces adherence to requirements; advises management on needed actions.
- Ensures that employee taxes, including local jurisdictions, are properly set up. Manages relationship with tax services and other stakeholders.
- Manages 401k file transfers, company contribution administration and system updates. Manages general 401k administration and compliance.
- Completes, interprets and shares payroll related reports. Works with Finance team, CFO and other department leaders as information exchange or reconciliations are necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Payroll / HRexperience is required - 2+ years’ in a supervisory role
- CPP certification is preferred
- Experience in all Microsoft Office Programs with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Ultimate Software – Ultipro is preferred
- Must be able to multi-task, be detailed oriented and possess organization and time management skills
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines under pressure
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of personnel information and records. High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion