Benchmark Education Company - New Rochelle, NY
The Payroll Manager manages the entire payroll process which includes analyzing, preparing and inputting payroll data as well as performing other accounting related tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes bi-weekly payroll for salaried and hourly employees; issues paychecks or direct deposits to bank accounts.
- Maintains payroll information, systems tables, and files through the collection, calculation and entering of data.
- Enters new hires and terminations into the HRIS/payroll system. Updates employee information, makes pay changes, and processes incentive payments.
- Time & Attendance: Oversees tracking of time and leave through time management systems. Enters and maintains all employee information in the time management system. Exports data from time management system and imports into payroll system. Edits time transactions as necessary (i.e., any missing or incorrect entries).
- Maintains current knowledge of and ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Prepares payrollreports by compiling summaries of earnings, direct deposits, federal and state payrolltaxes, garnishments, and other deductions.
- Ensures payroll accuracy by balancing the payroll accounts and resolving payroll discrepancies; coordinates payroll interface process to accurately reportpayroll costs on the general ledger.
- Collaborates with employees and managers to communicate various payroll related policies, procedures, laws, and government regulations.
- Supports the annual budget process utilizing the payroll system and coordinating with Finance and Human Resources.
- Assists Human Resources Department with issues related to withholding, employee benefits (i.e., health, life insurance, unemployment, and workers compensation).
- Acts as 401(k) Plan Administrator by ensuring the Plan’s compliance with reporting and disclosure rules under ERISA. Set up loan deductions and accumulators.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of department.
- Ad-hoc analysis and reporting as required.
- Special projects as requested.
Job Requirements/Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience.
- At least 4 years of experience with ADP payroll systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Considerable knowledge of payroll methods and practices, tax filing, and benefit administration. Current knowledge of applicable federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Strong time management skills, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, and work in a challenging fast paced and evolving environment.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and integrity is a must.
- Must demonstrate good judgment and have strong attention to detail.
Job Type: Full-time
- Payroll: 5years
- ADP Payroll: 4years
- Microsoft Office: 1year
- WorkforceNow: 1year