Our client is a mid sized law firm looking for a Payroll Manager who will work in cooperation with fellow staff members in the Payroll division. Responsibilities include the preparation of the bi-weekly in-house payroll, quarterly and annual payrolltax reconciliation, and investigate and resolve complex or unusual payrolltax issues. This individual will also be involved in enforcing compliance with relevant financial controls and procedures within the accounting and payroll functions, and compliance with federal and state laws.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for processing the bi-weekly in-house payroll for approximately 1,400 employees.*
- Monitors the payroll time table for quarterly and special payroll adjustments.**
- Prepares quarterly and annual payrolltax reconciliation, including W-2 processing and solving complex or unusual problems**
- Prepare and transmit payroll related reports
- Reconcile payroll related account balances including IRS Form 941.**
- Maintain employee garnishment records and liaising with the authorities.**
- Complete all tasks necessary to accomplish the organization?s payroll processing objectives, including relationships with state and federal agencies.**
- Respond to verbal and written payroll related inquiries
Skills & Qualifications:
Bachelor?s Degree from an accredited college or institution in Accounting or Finance.
- A minimum of eight years of payroll processing experience.
- Must demonstrate the ability to establish work priorities and applyfinancial accounting principles and methods to daily tasks.
- Proven ability to manage time and resources to meet seasonal patterns of peak demands and competing deadlines.
- Ability to use automated spreadsheets and other tools for financial analysis and reporting, and prepare and report on financial statements.
- Ability to work effectively with an integrated management team, building skills, and developing staff.
- Team player comfortable with cross functional collaboration.