Ranked as one of the most innovative companies in the world, KONE is a global leader in elevator and escalator business. Every day, millions of people globally are using our elevators and escalators in an increasingly urbanizing environment. We want to offer the best People Flow™ experience to those using our equipment in residential and office buildings, hotels, public transportation sites, hospitals, shopping malls and many special buildings. KONE Americas is one of KONE's five area organizations representing one-fifth of global sales. The local leadership team is responsible for implementing KONE strategy in the USA, Canada and Mexico.
We are looking for
a Payroll Manager that would act as the payroll expert and adviser within the Reward Center of Expertise and provide support to HRShared Services. You will lead the payroll function across the US, Canada and Mexico and report to the Director of Total Rewards for ENA and interact with internal clients, vendors and employees at all levels and requires strategic thinking and a commitment to results. You will manage a payroll team, develop/propose payroll strategies, ensure effective process development and execution as well as create a strong partnership with Compensation, Benefits, Shared Services and Finance. You will successfully work across cultures in the US, Canada and Mexico and manage large projects and multiple payrolls and bring efficiencies and process improvement across geographies and will operate as a proactive problem solver and leader.
1. Perform payroll services to the business; ultimately responsible for ensuring accurate and timely payroll preparation and processing through the PayrollAssociates by ensuring the collection, calculation, and processing of payroll data in payroll system for North America for union and non-union payrolls. Ensures compliance with Certified Payrollreporting and requirements in the US.
2. Create and drive strategy for payroll across North America. Drive continuous improvement activities throughout North America including process development and documentation; policy creation; and creating and delivering training to HR community and line managers regarding payroll policies, processes and procedures. Create appropriate communication materials. Uses root cause analysis to resolve existing payroll discrepancies and issues; create action plans to eradicate root cause of issues.
3. Contribute to the overall successful delivery of HR services to customers as a part of the Area Reward Center of Expertise. Provide support to HRShared Service Centre regarding the resolution of payroll issues; acts as escalation point for the most complex payroll related questions and requests that cannot be handled by shared services or PayrollAssociates. Create, monitor/manage and report on payroll SLA and KPIs – holding team accountable on delivery of such.
4. Responsible for successful management of payroll vendors ensuring compliance with contracts and service level agreements, managing costs and timely processing of payroll related invoices
5. Partner with local Mobility Specialist and external tax partner on the execution of International Assignee, Local Plus, Local hire and Expatriate payroll items including pay and taxes.
6. Partners with Finance to ensure accurate reporting of payroll to the general ledger; lead the internal and external payrollaudits.
Skills, Education and Experience
• BA/BS within Human Resources or similar degreerequired; Master’s Degreepreferred
• 8+ years of payroll experience required; minimum of 5 years of leadership required.
• Experience with US payroll including union payrolls required; exposure to Canada and Mexico payroll strongly preferred.
• Strong project management experience required; systems implementation experience strongly preferred.
• Experience with Payroll systems required; ADP preffered.
• Experience with HRIS systems required; Workdaypreferred.
Skills and Certifications Required for Position:
• Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Exce, Powerpointl and Outlook)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with internal and external customer including presenting to senior leaders within the company
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service; high ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Experience in problem solving and root cause analysis strongly preferred.
• Ability to travel 50% of the time to both domestic (US) and international sites; not always being able to plan in advance.
Bi-Lingual Language Skills:
• English required, Spanish a plus
At KONE, we are focused on creating an innovative and collaborative working culture where we value the contribution of each individual. Employee engagement is a key focus area for us and we encourage participation and the sharing of information and ideas. Sustainability is an integral part of our culture and the daily practice. We follow ethical business practices and we seek to develop a culture of working together where co-workers trust and respect each other and good performance is recognized. In being a great place to work, we are proud to offer a range of experiences and opportunities that will help you to achieve your career and personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced life.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.