Here are some more of the cool things you will get to do:
- Customer satisfaction and retention – responsible for monitoring client satisfaction indicators via customer satisfaction survey results, quality service checks by payroll supervisors and service observations of staff. Monitors and analyzes quality of service, client termination data and interfaces with Service Directors, Manager, HR Services and Corporate departments to implement actions and initiatives to improve region-wide client retention.
- Customer interactions – participates in client and prospect meetings via phone and in person to support the new business effort with Sales and Service Teams for the generation of new business, transition and ongoing support to prospects and clients.
- Strategic thinking – analyzes current performance data, develops a conceptual idea or vision and then develops systems, processes and plans that are executable, realistic and results-oriented that result in service improvement. Understands and be able to communicate and discuss business financial operations relating to payroll and accounting for small to mid-sized business, from an owner/payroll contact/on-site supervisor/CPA perspective.
- Leadership facilitation – leads and coaches payroll supervisory team through a development process that is team and client focused. Communicates to a wide audience on the technical applications of payroll as applied to business and accounting.
- Supports process and audits efforts to ensure integrity and accountability for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Leads supervisory team representing MidMarket, New Client, Small, General Business and Payroll Training to deliver accurate, timely, client focused payroll solutions.
- Responsible for interviewing and selection process for payroll team.
- Creates and maintains effective, customer focused teams.
- Establishes goals and objectives for personal and professional improvement of self and staff, including CPP Certification of self and staff support.
- Sets and achieves performance goals for professional improvement of staff.
- Conducts performance evaluations and development plans with direct reports and review endorsement process for all payroll staff resulting in improvement in performance and service delivery to clients.
- Conducts formal and informal coaching and counseling.
- Ensures effective facilitation of new hire training and orientation.
- Provides supporting documentation for headcount and fiscal budgetary purposes; maintain forecasting data and ensure controls are in place to maintain budgetary goals
Supervises others: Yes
Here is what we are looking for so you will be successful:
- High School Diploma is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a related field required
- 5+ years prior management experience required
- CPP Certification preferred.
- Customer service experience in a team environment.
- Leads the facilitation of Disaster Recovery support as required.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective problem solving/decision making/conflict resolution skills.
- Resource management - Manages time of direct reports; manages team resources (headcount and monetary expenses) to budget; identifies and fulfills staffing needs.
- Identifies and engages service solutions within and outside payroll department.
- HR knowledge – possess broad based exposure to various HR disciplines and understanding of their role and impact on business as it relates to payroll, benefits, taxation, accounting, employment documentation, and employment and general HR practices.
- Presentation skills – proficient in design and delivery.
- Project management skills – experience in handling multiple projects; acts as core business unit expert for key company initiatives; facilitate and coordinate
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs and demonstrated ability to learn other application programs as needed.