If you want to work for a company with a passion for quality and innovation, consider Franklin Electric, or one of our companies. As the premier designer and manufacturer of residential, agricultural, and commercial water and fuel systems, we're making a fundamental difference in the lives of people around the world. Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more. We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one. We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential. We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
The Payroll Manager is professional, dedicated, and committed to completing all payrolls accurately and timely. The manager is responsible for all payroll processing duties and provides assistance to both human resources and accounting when necessary. The manager continually reviews all processes for opportunities to improve efficiency through automation, reduction and simplification of procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the analysis, preparation and input of payroll data. Utilizes automated system (ADP Vantage) to produce accurate and timely payroll.
- Insures compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.) for management.
- Responsible for set-up of earnings and deductions in ADP.
- Responsible for set-up of acquired companies in ADP.
- Performs various journal entries, account reconciliations, and provides general ledgersupport.
- Supervises payroll assistants.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Stays current on payroll systems to support Company benefits and other related payroll processes and ensure effective accounting support.
- Facilitates management and employee understanding of payroll procedures.
- Oversees internal payroll and accounting audits
- Maintains general ledger with regard to payroll transactions
- Provides documents and creates reports (utilizing ADP Vantage) as requested
- Processes and distributes bonus payments and assists with equity awards and related payments
- Prepares benefit projections for annual budget and periodic forecasts
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Supervises non-supervisory employee(s).
- Interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding, and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Working with Human Resources on employee issues.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate complex concepts in a clear and understandable fashion
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Proficient and accuracy with numeric calculations with the ability to understand, analyze and recommend pay practices that are efficient and effective
- Demonstrate the ability to deal with problems involving several known variables in situations of routine nature.
- Continuous Improvement mindset with a background in process improvement
- Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
- Frequently makes decisions of both minor and major importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a moderate degree.
- Completes some moderately repetitive tasks.
- Uses noncomplex machines and equipment (adding machines, calculators, copy/fax machines, etc.).
- Understands complex accounting and accounting principles.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, finance, or a related field (required).
- Five to seven years of relevant experience in Payroll, accounting, finance, or a related field (required).
- Experience with ADP Vantage payroll system (preferred)
- Master of Business Administration degree (preferred).
- Advanced: Accounting, alphanumeric data entry, payroll systems, spreadsheet, word processing/typing.
- Intermediate: 10-key.
- Basic: Database.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Certified Payroll Professional (preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.