$200K - $250K(Ladders Estimates)
Directs and manages the activities of all ePlus' six companies ensuring the accuracy of preliminary and final payroll reports, time sheets, spreadsheets, funds distribution, assuring compliance with handbook policies, as well as state and federal regulations. Provide timely and accurate payroll production.
• Supervise all full time Payroll department employees in carrying out the responsibility for payroll preparation/production.
• Guarantee semi-monthly disbursement of multi-state payroll, including garnishments, benefits and taxes to all (approximately 1500+ employees) consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
• Oversees workload of department for the purpose of maximizing the efficiency of the work force and meeting operational requirements.
• Ensure the processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and terminations is accurate and timely
• Facilitate a smooth transition of payroll related matters of asset and stock acquisitions for both public and private entities
• Administer regular preparation of relevant management reports, including semi-monthly, monthly, quarterly, year-end and fiscal year end reports
• Monitors assigned payroll activities and/or program components for the purpose of ensuring effective department functioning, coordinating activities and ensuring compliance with established financial, legal and/or administrative requirements.
• Ensure systems are set-up and updated to reflect current tax laws and company benefits.
• Facilitates meetings for the purpose of identifying appropriate actions, developing recommendations and supporting other staff. Attends meetings for the purpose of conveying and/or receiving information required to perform functions
• Maintains a wide variety of payroll information, files and records in written and electronic formats for the purpose of providing an up-to-date reference and audit trail for compliance.
• Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations
• Communicates with a variety of internal and external parties (city/state/federal agencies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring accurate processing of payroll deductions/garnishments/audits
• Verifies a variety of payroll related information (e.g. time sheets, payroll attendance spreadsheets, wage attachments, benefits, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring accurate distribution of funds and payroll.
• Compiles data from a wide variety of sources (e.g. time sheets/payroll, salary adjustments, tax deposits, etc.) for the purpose of analyzing issues, ensuring compliance with mandated requirements, and/or monitoring program components
• Informs personnel and/or carriers and/or financial institutions regarding required documentation and/or procedures for the purpose of conveying information necessary to complete transactions.
• Researches discrepancies of payroll information and/or documentation (e.g. time sheets, leave time, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring accuracy and adherence to procedures prior to processing.
• Personally reviews W-2 earning statements for all companies prior to distribution
• Communicate actively with the all staff members in the Human Resource department to review/discuss any payroll related matters that have significant impact
• Responds to written and verbal inquiries for the purpose of providing information and/or direction.
• Process Owner of the quarterly access controls for ADP/HRP, H;Drive and SOX Labor Narratives
• Develop and implement training programs to enhance knowledge of Payroll staff
• Monitor and reconcile tax reports for accuracy and compliance
• Respond to requests from employees and external agencies on matters relating to payroll as well as providing communication to employees on new tax laws.
• Processing child support garnishments
• Liaison with external auditors for payroll inquiries
• Completing payroll related US and state census bureau reports
• Order and process employee gift checks when awarded
• HR support as assigned (employee assistance, livelink updates, employee event planning, etc.)
Your Corporate Responsibilities:
• Internal Control responsibilities vary by role and are subject to change. Please discuss your individual internal control responsibilities with your immediate supervisor on a regular basis.
• Handle confidential matters and information professionally
• Conduct business in a professional, competent and ethical manner
• Adhere to corporate policies and procedures
• Attention to detail/analytical skills
• Knowledge of state and federal tax laws
• Knowledge of special tax laws for tax fringe benefits, stock, S125 plans
• Intermediate Microsoft Suite
• Light knowledge of HR laws
• Excellent organizational skills
Education and Experience:
• BA in Accounting and CPP required
• 10+ years of payroll experience
• 2+ years management experience
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required
Valid Through: 2019-10-17