Cooper Tire offers an entirely unique work experience because no matter what your title is, you’ll play a part in contributing to the development, manufacturing and marketing of some of the most innovative tire products in the world. Cooper is a fun and exciting place to work. We are constantly on the lookout for motivated individuals who lead by example and inspire others to greatness. The opportunities are endless and the rewards rich for those who believe that job satisfaction and career success begin with a satisfied customer. Careers are a Journey…Come Ride with Us!
Reporting to the Head of HR Operations, the Manager of Payroll will be responsible for payroll systems, process and people; and will ensure timely and accurate payroll processing for a diverse North American multi-state workforce which includes retiree, salaried, union and non-union personnel. We are looking for an experienced payroll professional who can hit the ground running, thrives on seeing their ideas come to life, and can communicate with all levels of employees in a global company.
- Manage the process of monthly, bi-weekly and weekly payrolls adhering to all government and regulatory requirements.
- Lead and inspire a team of payroll and timekeeping professionals.
- Proactively contribute to the evolution of global payroll processes and systems.
- Manage the preparation of Accounting and HR reports including bi-weekly, quarterly and year-end reports.
- Assist with the calculation and proper tax treatment of executive perquisites and payments.
- Focus on continuous improvement to create a great employee experience, including effective communications.
- Ensure service level agreements are properly defined and consistently met by all parties (internal and external).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or other related field.
- Experience with SAP Payroll/Success Factors Employee Central Payroll implementations.
- 10 years or more experience at mid-size and large companies.
- 5 years’ experiencing managing a multi-state payroll team.
- Advanced skills including reporting and analysis, and use of tools such as Excel and business intelligence software.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment managing multiple priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that demonstrate a customer service mindset and reflect professionalism at all times.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle confidential information responsibly and exhibit sound judgment while maintaining that confidentiality.
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time as needed