Reporting to the Director of Payroll, the Payroll Manager will be responsible for managing most daily aspects of the payroll department, including payroll administration. The Manager’s primary function is ensuring timely and accurate processing of payroll for the organization. The Manager will also be responsible for all payroll data processing activities, including quarterly and annual reporting and reconciliations. This role will serve as a catalyst to drive change and efficiencies throughout the department to ensure wage and labor compliance.
- The Payroll Manager’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing a team of payroll administrators who are responsible for maintaining accurate payroll records
- Supports payroll staff by recruiting, selecting and training employees
- Maintains payroll staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring and appraising job results.
- Oversees garnishments to ensure proper action is taken with the employee’s pay element and ensures garnishment files are documented and reconciled as changes occur with the employee’s status
- Act as a subject matter expert regarding payroll software
- Establish policies and procedures for the payroll function
- Oversee the calculation of wages, payments and deductions to ensure compliance with organizational pay programs and Federal and state regulations
- Respond to government inquiries for information
- Develop and maintain appropriate internal controls, policies and procedures for all payroll activities
- Manage the collection and implementation of all data required to provide an accurate payroll, including W-2 data, state and federal deductions, Workers’ Compensation and other payments such as tax garnishments and voluntary deductions.
- Continuously monitor procedures and payments for compliance, oversee audits and identify areas for improvement and implement changes as needed
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational pay practices, payroll administration, labor laws and Federal regulations
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degreepreferred
- 10+ years of professional payrollexperience with at least 3 years in a managerial capacity
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of Federal and multi-state payroll and payrolltax regulations and requirements
- Experience with Oracle or other cloud based payroll solutions strongly preferred
- Experience with Kronos and Oracle timekeeping systems strongly preferred
- Demonstrated analytical experience
- Ability to build relationships and work with all levels within the organization
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills is highly recommended