ABOUT CONCERTO HEALTH
ConcertoHealth Inc. is the leading provider of specialized primary care and supporting clinical services for complex, frail, elderly, and dual-eligible patients. Operating exclusively in value-based agreements, ConcertoHealth provides high-touch, individualized care for patients, and deploys wraparound clinical resources to extend the reach of primary care practices. This comprehensive medical management solution, elevated by Concerto’s proprietary population health technology, improves overall healthcare quality and patient outcomes, benefitting payers and their provider networks.
Concerto delivers comprehensive care to Medicare, Medicaid, and complex-needs patients. The Concerto name reflects our unique approach to healthcare. It’s about how we work in concert with patients, providers, and health plans. Our approach focuses on bringing harmony across the spectrum of a patient’s care, health, and dignity.
The company is headquartered in Aliso Viejo, Ca. For more information, please visit:?www.concertohealth.com
This position is responsible for all areas related to Payroll. The Payroll Manager continually develops and maintains internal controls in the Payroll area to guarantee maximum discretion, as well as accurate and timely payroll. The Payroll Manager manages one full time senior payroll specialist and ensures that this staff member is properly trained and is working in an efficient and capable manner. The Payroll Manager must manage working under tight deadlines to assist with month end close, as well as to adhere to direct deposit deadlines and Federal guidelines regarding 401(k) contributions. This position requires strong interpersonal skills as well as communication skills, sometimes to upper management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a full understanding of payroll, as well as how payroll changes affect the company bottom line and employee financial welfare.
- Maintain UltiPro, our 3rd party payroll environment, to ensure adherence to current Federal and State laws, as well as company policies.
- Ensure the smooth, efficient and correct processing of all payrolls.
- Report all payroll information to Federal and State agencies in a timely manner.
- Perform data analysis from the payroll environment for assisting the Finance and Accounting depts, in addition to accurately preparing accounting reports every pay date, monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Respond to employees’ inquiries in a timely manner.
- Prepare, reconcile and review annual W2 filings
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- CPP Preferred, with a minimum of 7 years payrollexperience
- Minimum 3 years managerial experience in payroll
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer skills required
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Knowledge of relevant accounting software
- Proficient in Excel, Word and data entry
- Ability to work successfully under tight deadlines
- Experience working with union employees desirable.
- Leadership- Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Inspires respect and trust; Accepts feedback from others; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; Gives appropriate recognition to others; Displays passion and optimism; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability: Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition: Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Communication - Written, verbal or non-verbal means of expressing ideas effectively including adjusting language, terminology or the organization of concepts to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Analysis/Assessment - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; researches and finds relevant information and identifies key issues and relationships from a base of information; compiling data from a variety of sources and identifying cause-and-effect relationships; demonstrates attention to detail.