The Payroll & HRIS Specialist's responsibilities include coordinating day-to-day payroll activities related to attendance tracking, time off, and payroll, and maintenance of the HRIS including data integrity, reporting, training, and a positive employee experience with the system. This role ensures that the organization complies with all current federal, and applicable state and international laws and regulations pertaining to payroll and employee electronic records.
- Review timecards, payroll related changes in the HRIS, new hires and terminations and other payroll / time information in preparation of processing payroll.
- Communicate with employees and managers regarding routine payroll and time and attendance questions and concerns.
- Draft and send payroll related communication to staff with input from HR Services Director.
- Process bi-weekly domestic (multi-state) and monthly international payrolls for exempt and non-exempt employees, reconciling and validating all information prior to transmission.
- Maintain thorough payroll records for each payroll, making available with each payroll in an organized manner for future reference purposes.
- Stay informed and ensure compliance with applicable international, federal, state and local payroll laws; participate in necessary professional development annually.
- Communicate openly with HR Services Director regarding compliance requirements.
- Conduct domestic and international quarterly and year-end payroll processes, tax reporting, auditing and reconciliations.
- Run payroll and time and attendance related reports in the HRIS as necessary.
- Adhere to and meet assigned deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years payroll experience processing full cycle of in-house domestic (multi-state) payroll for 300+ employees.
- Strong interest and ability to learn how to process payroll for the United Kingdom and Australia required.
- 5+ years of HRIS experience (HCM, payroll, time, time off modules).
- Previous experience with Dayforce HCM preferred.
- Working knowledge of payroll and basic accounting principles, practices, regulations and procedures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Analytical mindset with exceptional attention to detail and previous auditing experience.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with customer-focused orientation.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
As you’ve probably guessed, OverDrive is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us—we want you to be like you! So if you’re interested in joining the OverDrive team, apply below and tell us what inspires you about OverDrive and why you think you are perfect for our team.