IAA is currently seeking a Payroll/HRIS Manager for our location in Westchester, IL.
This position will be responsible for the administration and development of our HRIS, payroll, and time management systems. The role will also assist with management in identifying opportunities for continual process improvement.
- Manage the processing of payrolls for exempt and non-exempt employees in a multi-state, multi-company environment for employees across the USA and Canada, through an outsourced solution. This includes, but is not limited to, the importing of pay data, pre-checks, and approvals of payrolls.
- Provide payroll cash forecasting to treasury to fund payrolls.
- Manage the time and attendance system and relationship with vendors. Includes configuring time systems based on business needs.
- Provide guidance to department managers on payroll, attendance, and time-off policies.
- Audit 3rd party monthly, quarterly and annual tax returns; and monitor state and local payments.
- Responsible for the outsourcing of wage attachments/garnishments and unemployment/employment verification outsourced relationships.
- Respond to government inquiries on payroll tax issues.
- Review and research payroll discrepancies.
- Work with internal and external auditors.
- Ensure payroll records are maintained in accordance with company policies and application regulations.
- Contribute to the creation and monitoring of processes to assess the quality of payroll and HR data.
- Work with group HR team to maximize HR's technology capabilities to make processes more efficient and effective.
- Identify areas for improvement in both the processes and systems.
- Develop and maintain SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures) for areas of responsibility and train team members, as needed.
- Manage purchase orders and approvals for invoice processing.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of all Human Resources policies and their impact on systems.
- Maintains security profiles and works with HR to identify allowable users.
- Prepares various ad-hoc reports such as for surveys, turnover, recruitment, benefits, finance, compliance reporting, and others as they arise.
- Collect, analyze, and provide summary reporting necessary to develop dashboards for HR team to assist in monitoring and measuring HR activities and key initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- 5-10 Years Experience
- UltiPro payroll/HRIS experience, CPP a plus
- USA and Canada payroll experience, UK experience a plus
- Knowledge of payroll tax filings and returns
- Experience with time and attendance systems
- Experience partnering with management and staff in a team based environment
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Can work independently and in cooperation with others on multiple activities, with flexibility to manage competing demands and changing priorities
- Has a track record of handling duties of a confidential nature with judgment and discretion
- Has excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- As well as advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office in a fast paced environment
- Must be energetic, polished, customer-service oriented, and adaptable to ongoing change
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a benefits package including: health insurance, 401K, STD/LTD, Life Insurance/AD&D, paid holidays and vacations.
IAA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship status, or marital status.
IAA is a drug-free workplace. EOE.