SmithBucklin, the leading association management and professional services company, is looking for a Payroll Coordinator to join our team in Chicago. In joining our organization, you will have the opportunity to prepare and process all payroll functions with the Payroll Manager in a stable environment and be an integral member of our Corporate Finance team.
What You Will Do
- Take responsibility of preparing and processing real time, semi-monthly payroll in a multi-company, multi-state environment for Exempt and Non-Exempt full and part-time employees
- Manage data entry into ADP payroll application (including new hire payments, separation payments, status changes, bonus payments, PTO payouts, retroactive payments, severance payments, benefit deduction changes, direct deposit changes, tax changes, etc.)
- Audit time keeping records and use to pay hourly and Non-Exempt employees
- Review payroll changes via employee changes report, preview registers, etc.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties such as manual checks, stop-payment requests, and 3rd Party Sick Pay
- Serve as main employee contact for payroll issues
- Maintain employee Payroll files, tax forms, and banking forms
This Role Might Be for You If…
- Thrive in roles that require detail orientation, process improvement and a desire to challenge status quo for the sake of quality and efficiency
- Have excellent time management skills with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects, meet deadlines effectively and efficiently, and proactively anticipate needs
- Can collaborate across teams and departments with effective written and verbal communication skills
- Have a strong work ethic and are deadline-driven
- Maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Demonstrate diplomacy and empathy when working withinternal customers
- Tech savvy and able to learn new systems quickly
- You are seeking a steady, non-growth oriented position
- Minimum 5 years of Payrollexperience; professional services industry experiencepreferred
- Strong MS Office skills to include Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience working with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Mastery of ADP Workforce
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace.
By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path.
In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people – regardless of position or compensation – an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.