We are looking for Payroll Coordinator for our client in Rancho Mirage, CA
Job Title: Payroll Coordinator
Job Location: Rancho Mirage, CA
Job Type: Contract - 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Performs a variety of duties necessary to generate accurate and timely processing of paychecks, productivity reports, deduction reports and taxreports. Performs other duties as assigned.
Specific Skills, Knowledge, Abilities Required:
- Type 35-40 wpm, Excel, 10-key calculator and good knowledge of computerized payroll systems.
- Good communication skills. Patience and calm, friendly disposition for dealing with complaints.
- Must not be visually disabled and able to sit at a desk for extended periods of time.
- Read, write and speak English fluently. Spanish a plus.
- Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
- Review Time and Attendance entries, and code, batch and enter time card data.
- Proofread and coordinate the correction of timekeeping entries on line.
- Calculate and write special checks for shortages, terminations, etc.
- Reconcile deduction reports and request checks, bonds, TSA, etc.
- Respond to requests for verification of employment and subpoenas.
- Investigate and explain discrepancies on pay vouchers and productivity reports.
- Coordinate state disability and sick time for leave of absence.
- Coordinate and process garnishments with employees and outside agencies.
- Coordinate the printing, sealing and distribution of paychecks.
- Operate all office equipment and computer programs to complete the payroll process.
- During manager?s absence, absorbs all duties required to continue operating the department in an efficient and productive manner.
- Distributes incoming mail and maintains department filing.
- Assists in special projects and system testing.
- Maintains professional and courteous relationships within the payroll department to foster teamwork.
- The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.