As a Payroll Compliance Managerin People Solutions you will be a key player in directing the actions of the payroll controls team. You will be responsible for all tasks necessary to accomplish the companies’ related objectives. The Payroll Compliance Manager has primary responsibility for managing Payroll controls for SoX, ADP system maintenance & Reporting, Tax Registrations and Quarterly/Annual Tax filings. You will share knowledge and information through regular communications and facilitation with the payroll controls and operations team. The Payroll Manager will require minimal direction on strategic payroll compliance issues.
- Oversee payroll compliance team performing Sox Controls and payroll reconciliations, payroll system maintenance & reporting, State & Local Tax Registrations, Quarterly/Annual Tax filings and all agency tax inquiries for the US, PR and Canadian payrolls, for multiple legal entities.
- Monitor operations and service delivery to ensure the most effective services are being provided
- Maintains internal controls relating to payroll practices and reconciliations
- Develop, implement and update procedures necessary to comply with Takeda corporate policies and governmental agency regulations
- Conceives and implements process enhancements to increase efficiency
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure delivery of quality services and resolve operational problems
- Participates in cross-departmental and corporate groups designed to implement or improve payroll programs and services.
- Manages current resources to identify and develop solutions to complex payroll related issues
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- College degree or equivalent experience required
- 7+ years of experience in payroll in a supervisory or manager leadership role
- Skills in process analysis, assessment and improvement as well as creating a team environment where continuous improvement is encouraged
- Well-developed communication skills being both appropriate and persuasive
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, business acumen and excels in problem solving and analytical skills.
- Team player, able to build relationships with coworkers and superiors at all levels of the organization, as well as outside vendors, to ensure successful delivery of solutions.