About the Job
As a Payroll & Benefits Specialist, competence, confidence, and humility are words you live by. You are a self-starter and are always able to succeed in an unstructured work environment with a strong desire to complete projects by deadline. You have excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. You are an energetic, performance-driven self-starter who enjoys delving into special projects and taking ownership of rewarding, hands-on duties. You are a confident professional who possesses the proven ability to juggle competing priorities in a fast and agile environment. Lastly, and most importantly, you are a vault when it comes to handling confidential information.
Because of the flexible nature of our client support activities, any role with Asure Consulting is multi-faceted. As a Payroll & Benefits Specialist, your role will involve supporting client needs internally and possibly, on-site at client locations. We also would utilize your skills and expertise to provide internal support for the day-to-day needs we have as an HR consulting company. Your experience working with us will increase over time through team involvement and through the variety of industries and clients we service.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work with multiple clients (2-3) simultaneously, in a full-service payroll administration and consultative manner. Activities include daily, monthly, and yearly activities such as processing new hire additions, employee changes (income and deductions), terminations, resolving employee payroll issues and questions, and annual reporting.
- Utilize knowledge of retroactive payments, separation pay, employee referral payments, commissions and bonuses, calculating and preparing manual checks or deposits to directly help employees of the clients.
- Maintain wage garnishments and payments to meet state(s) and federal requirements, in addition to maintaining W-2 files, ACA records and preparing annual reporting.
- Work with multiple clients (2-3) simultaneously, in a full-service benefits administration and consultative manner. Activities include daily, monthly, and yearly activities such as processing new hire enrollments, terminations, qualifying events changes, COBRA notices, resolving employee benefits issues and questions, reconciling monthly carrier invoices, and annual reporting such as ACA compliance.
- Utilize knowledge of benefit plans, including H.S.A., F.S.A.,401k, medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, and ADD/Life, with various insurance carriers to give advice to the client.
- Assist the clients with open enrollment for their employees; selection of plans, build channel for employees to elect plans, develop communication campaign to inform employees, and then update the HRIS/Payroll employee selections.
- And any other duties deemed reasonably necessary.
- Minimum of five years' experience in full cycle payroll administration
- Minimum of two years' experience in benefit administration as it relates to payroll administration
- A working knowledge of multiple HRIS/payroll systems and platforms
- Comprehensive knowledge of multi-state payroll practices, as well as general Benefits and HR knowledge of applicable federal and state employment regulations
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred, but not required.
- Ability to research and reconcile past errors that arise in payroll
- Proven verbal, written, interpersonal, organizational and record keeping skills measured by positive referrals from your prior supervisors
- Strong focus on compliance and reporting
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills – obsessed about accuracy and professionally finished documents
- High level of proficiency in Outlook, Google Suite, and all Microsoft products.
- Experience working with and handling confidential information
- Experience working with multiple levels of management
- Prior experience in an advanced Payroll role will be deeply helpful
- Understanding, experience and exposure working with human resources preferred; experience working for professional and consulting services supporting multiple clients strongly desired
- Customer centric with ability to deal with some level of ambiguity in a fast and vibrant environment
- Forward Thinker, connecting the dots for everything impacted by payroll and benefit changes
- Ability to independently handle multiple timelines and deadlines; naturally able to prioritize activities that may be conflicting, with the biggest impact and focus time/effort accordingly
- Self-starter; able to succeed in an unstructured work environment with a passion to complete projects by their deadline
- Ability to work accurately, with a keen sense for detail, in fast-paced environment, under tight work timelines