Payroll and Human Resources Coordinator (Logistics)
Less than 5 years experience • Business Services
About the company:
Fast Delivery Systems is a transportation provider specializing in the logistics industry. Currently, we are seeking a driven, intelligent and resilient Payroll/HR Coordinator with a high degree of intellectual curiosity and a successful track record. This position is responsible for making sure our most valuable assets, our people, get paid. In this role, you’ll handle everything from processing payroll, administering the benefits program, working closely with multiple people.
- Provide exceptional customer service and act as initial contact for inquiries and issues related to payroll and benefits.
- Prepare payroll file for multiple states and locations
- Perform duties relating to garnishments, rate changes, deductions, profit sharing payments, and bonuses.
- Answer questions regarding any pay discrepancies from employees.
- Prepare and analyze all payroll related reports, including payroll files, analysis reports, and regular audits
- Assist with the onboarding of new employees into multiple systems and ensuring compliance
- Maintain multiple databases with accuracy and act as the expert on multiple systems
- Update employee data in payroll system
- Work as the main liaison between our managers and our payroll and benefits partners
- Manage monthly benefit enrollments, including administering the group benefit plans for multiple companies
- Assist with HR duties
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
- Associate's degreerequired, Bachelor's preferred
- 3+ years of experience in payroll
- Detail oriented and organized
- Strong computer skills, especially with Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of human resources, payroll and benefits policies and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to form and maintain positive relationships with employees and managers.
- Resourceful, highly organized, and able to prioritize
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Competitive base salary
- Monday - Friday (7am - 5pm)
- health and vision benefits
Job Type: Full-time
- Carlsbad, CA
- payroll: 3years
- knowledge of California labor laws: 1year
- Human Resources: 3years