DAK Americas is looking for an ambitious Payroll and HRIS Specialist with strong payroll and HRIS skills to join our Payroll Team in Charlotte, NC. It is an opportunity to further develop competencies within Payroll/HRIS in a dynamic team. The successful candidate will be able to grow in the team and have the opportunity to follow a career path within Payroll/HRIS at DAK Americas.
The Payroll/HRIS Specialist supports the employees of DAK and the Human Resources function by executing payroll processes, maintaining a variety of records and information, ensuring compliance with appropriate regulations, and serving as the project manager and subject matter expert for all technology systems. The role acts as the primary point of contact for all Payroll and HRIS-related requests and issues. The Payroll and HRIS Specialist also develops standard and customized reportsfor HR management and business leadership, and provides functional and technical support related to both payroll benefits and HRIS issues
- Serves as subject matter expert in Payroll & HRIS.
- Oversees multi-state bi-weekly process for 1,200+ employees while ensuring accuracy, compliance and timeliness of processing to include any garnishments, relocations, bonuses and any other miscellaneous payments or deductions.
- Ensures all payroll information and records are maintained in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Reviews and implements new processes to improve payroll policies and procedures.
- Manages time and attendance system. Investigates any discrepancies, reviews controls and implements changes as necessary
- Reviews reconciliations of monthly, quarterly and annual payroll activities.
- Develops, maintains, and audits policies and procedures toreflect changes in state and Federal laws as they relate topayroll processing
- Responsible for tracking of Employee travel to and from Canada for legal compliance purposes.
- Manages and coordinates activities of staff and payroll systems at one or more locations.
- Trains and develops staff in HR Technology.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. These reports may include, but are not limited to, overtime reports, hours-worked reports for incentive plans, and incentive payout tracking reports.
- Handles Human Resources compliance reporting, including but not limited to EEO-1 and sending out annual notifications based upon information in the company's designated HRIS system.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience, in related field required (Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or HR preferred)
- 5+ years managing multi-state payroll department, including payroll taxes at the federal, state and local levels
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred
- ADP experience preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong project management, Excel, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Highly skilled in customer service