Payroll and Benefits Manager responsibilities include processing timesheets, updating payroll records and answering employee questions about payments and benefits. The Payroll and Benefits Manager will ensure payment is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with state and federal regulations.As a Team Member, You Will:
Your Experience Includes:
- Manage the day-to-day payroll, ensuring the processing of timely and accurate multi-state payroll
- Own all employee tax profiles - works-in, lives-in and SUI
- Oversee registration of withholding accounts and unemployment accounts as Riveron expands to new states (local and state)
- Manage employee vacation and paid time off accrual and balances
- Check timesheets for all non-exempt workers to ensure overtime is paid correctly
- Coordinate with HR on changes in payroll (e.g. terminations, new hires, leaves of absence)
- Serve as a resource and interact with employees to resolve payroll related inquiries and concerns in a professional manner
- Manage the entire payroll process to assist accounting with financial reporting
- Act as the primary contact for 401(k) carrier and facilitate employee contributions, including responsibility for authorizing and tracking 401(k) loans and facilitating the annual audit
- Process all compensation changes, including annual adjustments and bonuses
- Coordinate and manage the benefits enrollment process for new and existing employees.
- Maintain benefit records by developing recordkeeping systems; initiating new-hire benefits; recording changes.
- Assist employees regarding benefit portal, new enrollments, benefits issues, life changes status, and plan changes
- Respond to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Process and administer leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, administrative, disability and FMLA.
- Effectively interpret FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities.
- Serve as a primary contact for vendors and third-party administrators.
- Other responsibilities, as needed
Characteristics for Success in This Role:
- Bachelor�s Degree in a business-related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience working in a Payroll related function
- 1+ years of experience working in professional services
- Experience with HRIS platforms, processing all payroll related changes and understanding of how the platform interacts with the other HR functions
- Experience providing requested reports that assist with financial reporting and finance analysis
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) to all internal stakeholders
- Ability to work autonomously
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must uphold the highest level of professionalism, as well as confidentiality
- Highly motivated team player
- Ability to work in ever-changing, dynamic environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a solution-oriented mindset
- Ability to be flexible and work in ever-changing, dynamic environments
- Desire to get involved in the Riveron culture and internal initiatives, including community service, training, interviewing, intramurals and other social/networking activities.
Riveron is a business advisory firm specializing in accounting, finance, and operations. We partner with our clients to successfully prepare for and execute change across the entire transaction and business lifecycle. Our unique combination of consulting, public accounting and corporate experience allows us to offer an unprecedented level of understanding and results. Founded in 2006, Riveron is headquartered in Dallas, Texas and has offices across the country.
A vital element of life at Riveron are the experiences that make every day rewarding, including creative culture-building that you may not expect to find at an advisory firm. The Riveron team is made up of enthusiastic, energetic, intelligent people who support one another and appreciate clients and co-workers. Even in the face of challenges and difficult deadlines, we thrive and enjoy our work. The Riveron team members also enjoy competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package.
Riveron Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.