JDA Software is currently seeking a Payroll Analyst to join our Accounting team. This position is located at our corporate headquarters in Scottsdale, AZ.
The Payroll Analyst is responsible for timely and accurate processing of JDA payrolls utilizing ADP Vantage. Maintains and oversees employee records for all employee pay, benefits, and JDA bonus plans. Responsible for maintaining and updating internal controls, sox documentation, and is a direct contact with internal and external auditors.
- Inputs pay and employee data, including but not limited to: new hires, terminations, salary actions, one time payments, overtime, direct deposit details and tax withholding data.
- Calculates and records payroll adjustments.
- Process garnishments in accordance with federal and state laws.
- Documents payroll and interdepartmental processes.
- Assists accounting in timely and accurate posting of payroll to the GL.
- Runs payroll interfaces from HRIS System, inputs into payroll software and audits for accuracy.
- Reconciles payroll each pay period.
- Validates medical, flexible spending, and 401k withholdings.
- Prepares reporting using ADP Vantage, Workday HR, and other tools.
- Coordinate with JDA treasury department to ensure funding for payroll and tax liability for ADP payrolls.
- Provides a high level of customer service to internal and external customers.
- Participates in year-end planning, FMS, and HRIS implementations.
- Escalates issues that may have a negative financial impact.
- 5 or more years of experience working in a high volume, multi-state payroll environment.
- Associates Degree, or equivalent experience in a hands-on role as a Payroll Analyst
- Analyzes; identifies payroll issues, resolves issues, makes necessary adjustments, documents issues, and add controls to avoid future issues.
- Ability to handle multiple changing priorities and strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of associates and managers.
- Ability to work well with others and as a team.
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material.
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in Excel and Outlook.
- ADP experience preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills a must, with above average customer service, and communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
- Expert in federal and multi-state payroll tax laws.